What change are you making this season?

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: What change are you making this season?

Unread postby Czabs » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 am

My number one goal is to kill a mature buck on public land. I don't care at all what the score of the deer is. As long as when I see It I think to myself "thats the one" with no questioning is it big enough? I also want to get more access points and different ways in to the spots I hunt. One other thing I really want to do is make a hitlist of bucks and kill one of them I'm after.

publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

Czabs,

Those are good goals for this season, especially if your hunting areas have extreme pressure. Sometimes in certain areas, just killing a buck of any size can be a great feat. To then identify and hunt/kill one particular buck is a cool goal and is a great step towards building confidence in one's ability.

PLH
Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Make (another) an honest atempt at bowhunting public. I've gun hunted public land for years but have been a little slack at bowhunting.

Looking to buy a Lone Wolf climber or hang on & sticks. Leaning toward the climber tho.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

Southern Man,

I like climbers too, but they may cause you to choose the wrong tree sometimes, due to needing a straight, limbless tree for the most part. Try the hang-on and I think you will be very satisfied. More opportunities.

PLH
Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:32 am

publiclandhunter wrote:Southern Man,

I like climbers too, but they may cause you to choose the wrong tree sometimes, due to needing a straight, limbless tree for the most part. Try the hang-on and I think you will be very satisfied. More opportunities.

PLH

X2

I will add that I sell lone wolf products at the lowest allowable rate, I pay the sales tax, I pay the shipping, and I throw in a free DVD... ;)
Sold 3 last week and the shipping was less than 3 days...
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

Dan, I clicked on the "Store" and could not find any lone wolf stands for sale on this site.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22 am

virginiashadow wrote:Dan, I clicked on the "Store" and could not find any lone wolf stands for sale on this site.

Still waiting for Carol to add them... I do have the prices posted in the Equipment forum Just PM me want you want. You can either mail me a check or put it in our paypal account.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Think I'm gonna give public land a try and stay off the private land spots I have. I'm starting to believe there are some nice bucks on public land in areas that dont see much pressure, or limited pressure from guys who hunt like I used to. When your hunting the only woods in a section and every neighbor trespasses, its easy to understand why that "great 80 acres of private land" isnt so great after all. When I go out of state this year, not much will change. Ill still focus on funnels and pinch points during the rut, but may spend half a day and do a quick scout to look for fresh rut/deer activity if Im not seeing many deer the first few days. Sitting in a bad spot doesn't make it better.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Avoid over using trail cameras... staying out of where I know I shouldn't be until Sept 17th :twisted:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”