For Sale - Forge Ventilator

For Sale / Free Stuff / Wanted /
wannawhitetail

For Sale - Forge Ventilator

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Fri May 27, 2011 9:51 am

Hi!

I traded for a new Forge Ventilator, got it this week. Great bow, light, quick, but I have 2 others so really don't "need" this one. I put maybe 50 arrows through it to try it out, smooth and a nice shooter, but was new upon it's arrival to me.

$425 tyd, or $400 pick up in Fond du Lac.

Thanks!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: For Sale - Forge Ventilator

Unread postby dan » Fri May 27, 2011 9:58 am

Welcome to the BEAST Wannawhitetail 8-)
Thats a great deal on that bow! its the same one I shoot!
wannawhitetail

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 am

Yes, it seems pretty nice. It was last years inventory, purchased and not used, then traded to me. I had a Elite that I traded, I'm ballparking value, since it is a "used" bow. If it stays long, I'm sure I'll tune it up and keep it - so hope it sells!
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri May 27, 2011 11:05 am

Check your PM's.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
wannawhitetail

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Fri May 27, 2011 11:50 am

It is a 32 inch model. Weight range is 40-70, instructions say tighten limb bolts, off a 1/4 turn, then no more than 6 turns. This, in my mind, should be approximately 5 lbs weight change per limb bolt revolution.

The draw range on the 32 is 27-30, in whole 1 inch increments. You would need a press to move to 27, one screw is behind the limb. I can adjust for you also.

The string stop seems to be a little ways from the string, but I did back it off about 4 turns, so it may have been set at max.

Nice color, nice feel on the shot.

I put on a basic used new style whisker biscuit to try it out. I will leave that on it if purchased.

Hope that helps.
wannawhitetail

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Fri May 27, 2011 12:19 pm

And I just want to share that I posted it here because viewers may understand that Forge is a great company. When I was doing a search earlier, found this sight, joined. I buy, try and sell/trade a few bows each year, just enjoy having different styles in my hands for awhile.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Fri May 27, 2011 3:00 pm

left or right hand?
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
wannawhitetail

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Sat May 28, 2011 10:13 am

Right handed. Whisker biscuit was being a pain so I could include an old style instead. Shot it a few more times tonight, fun bow. I haven't put a peep or sight on, a deer wouldn't be a problem out to 25 so far. It is lightweight, maneuverable, definately a hunter. WW
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Sun May 29, 2011 3:35 am

wannawhitetail wrote:It is a 32 inch model. Weight range is 40-70, instructions say tighten limb bolts, off a 1/4 turn, then no more than 6 turns. This, in my mind, should be approximately 5 lbs weight change per limb bolt revolution.

The draw range on the 32 is 27-30, in whole 1 inch increments. You would need a press to move to 27, one screw is behind the limb. I can adjust for you also.

The string stop seems to be a little ways from the string, but I did back it off about 4 turns, so it may have been set at max.

Nice color, nice feel on the shot.

I put on a basic used new style whisker biscuit to try it out. I will leave that on it if purchased.

Hope that helps.

I am extremely skeptical that your bow has #30 of weight adjustment.....most bows advertize this just to show the different limb weight options. it is more likely a 30-40, 40-50, 50-60, or 60-70. It usually says on your bottom limb, however i am not very familiar with forge bows. Generally each revolution on a limb bolt will be 1-2.5lbs given the bow, not 5.
When better is possible, good is never good enough
wannawhitetail

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Sun May 29, 2011 8:42 am

I spoke with Steve at Forge and that is what he told me. The marked 40-70 on the bow is for that bow, with that one set of limbs. I haven't put it on the scale, but that's what the owner is putting out. The limb pocket design must be different to allow the strings to remain adequate tension, etc. It is unusual in the market today. I use to shoot another brand that had a 20 lb adjustment and they were about 5 lbs per rotation. Thanks...
wannawhitetail

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 am

I'm a little confused with the 40-70 and my phone conversation, but here's some more info.

Manual states
"one turn equals 2-3 lbs of draw weight"
"DON'T TURN LIMB BOLTS OUT MORE THAN 7 TURNS."

Using my old Bear hand held scale, here' what I got.
Max -1/4 turn = 68
-1 more = 65
-2 = 61
-3 = 58
-4 = 55
-5 = 53
-6 = 50

So I'm going to have to get in touch with Steve so I'm on the right page. Thanks again! Great shooter, I might just hang onto it!
wannawhitetail

Off the market

Unread postby wannawhitetail » Sun May 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Shot a little more tonight. Surprising bow. Shooting good speeds and putting nice groups at 45 yards, think I'll hang onto it for awhile.

Good hunting bow, definately. I'm going to take some notes and share my findings.

Please close the thread.

Thank you....
the ventilator

Unread postby the ventilator » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:54 pm

This is a response to questions posed above regarding the forge draw weight range. All recent bow models have a 30 pound draw range. As seen above 6 turns yielded approximately 20 pounds. If you turn out the limb bolts out 3 more turns, you will be near the advertised draw weight range. The little known Forge advantage; If you are in the bush and you slice your string or cable partially through..., pull out your 3/16" allen head and turn the limb bolts equally out 2 turns at a time and you will notice at approximately 11 turns out the string will become limp. With care and an extra string and cable in your pack you can be resighting in your bow in less than 5 minutes. This innovation became a reality when the above happened to me without the benefit of this feature....a real bummer ...so I created i!. I don't push the feature because I didn't feel it was not "Walmart proof". There is always the "_*_*_"that thinks this feature is substitute for using a bow press or not taking his or her bow into the dealer. In a resposible archers hand this feature can be invaluable. As for the "7 turns" on the sticker; I had 50,000 stickers printed and at the time my bows only had a 20 pound draw range. I haven't used them up......my bad! If there are any disbelievers out there.....come on over to our show room in New Berlin, WI and I will be happy to demonstrate. Hope this clears the air, Steve (Forge Bow Co.)

• Advertisement

Return to “Free Classifieds”