jackpot rut spot

Discuss the science of figuring out our prey through good detective work.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: jackpot rut spot

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon May 28, 2012 8:24 am

Bridge, what do you think about the trophy potential (or lack there of) on the public land around the Lake/Newago county line south of Baldwin? What do you think would be a good buck there? 2.5 year old? 3.5? Also the Bitely area? I used to hunt these area's a lot.

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue May 29, 2012 1:04 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:Bridge, what do you think about the trophy potential (or lack there of) on the public land around the Lake/Newago county line south of Baldwin? What do you think would be a good buck there? 2.5 year old? 3.5? Also the Bitely area? I used to hunt these area's a lot.

I have not hunted those areas but I have driven through them for fishing. I have a coworker that used to hunt and fish that area all the time, and he managed to pull a good buck or two out from the public land. Lance, with your skill set I would think a 3.5 would be a realistic goal (3.5 year olds on public in lower Michigan can be very difficult to see let alone take).
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu May 31, 2012 9:57 am

I may go back up there and do some scouting. It's been awhile and I kind of miss it up there. It's where I cut my teeth on deer hunting. A 3.5 year old would definitely be a rare animal up there.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:00 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:I may go back up there and do some scouting. It's been awhile and I kind of miss it up there. It's where I cut my teeth on deer hunting. A 3.5 year old would definitely be a rare animal up there.

Sounds like you need to move that direction, DS- It sure helps that you already have a lot of knowledge of the area. 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Scouting”