Youth Turkey Hunt This Weekend!

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Re: Youth Turkey Hunt This Weekend!

Unread postby lungbuster » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:32 am

Good luck guys.............Let the kid shoot whatever he wants, you never know if the gobbler will be in range or if a shot will present itself. Took my daughter Hannah out this morning, some gobbling but none came in.........Headed back out now.

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:07 pm

We saw a lot of Turkeys today. 3 toms and a group of about 15 jakes. The jakes got within 7 yards, but the boy had too much brush between him and the turkeys. So no shooting. He had fun, and will try again tomorrow. Anybody score today?
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Everything worked out exactly like it was supposed to for nick and I. The bearded hen was just out of range. We had 4 toms and 3 Jakes i front of us and they ran through our opening at 15 yards so fast that he had no time to get the bow back. Were ready to face the storms in the morning!!

I let my cousin borrow one of my cameras and she scored this morning!! Ill post the vid of that once i get it!! It sounds pretty sweet!

And my friends little bro got one this afternoon, so it sounds like there dropping!
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:48 pm

Great reports, PTC and BS- keep after 'em! 8-)
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 am

Braved it out in thunder, lightning and winds. As soon as it stopped 6 hens and a Tom came out about 100 yards away. They were comming right towards us, at about 65 yards they decided to swing around and never offered a shot. We changed locations, back to where we were yesterday, and the same group of about 15 jakes were out again, along with 5 toms. Again they kept at a safe distance. :evil: So, no birds for us, but the othere 2 youths on the land each got their birds, one yesterday and one this morning.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Too bad none of the youths scored but at least they saw action! I went a few times when I was younger and never saw squat coincidentally turkey hunting has always been very low on my priority list. I think exposing them to action and getting them to see turkeys makes the hunt a success in itself. Can't wait to see the footage Predator.

My 10yr old cousin shot his first bird a 25# tom with 1" spurs yesterday and the guys I will be hunting with in May guided a youth hunter to his first bird a nice fat jake!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 pm

One lone hen that kept us entertained for almost 10 mins. this morning 5 yards from the blind...........Hannah's reg. season is 5th, hoping the birds will be more responsive then.
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:52 am

Unfortunatly my boys did not get a shot at a bird, but we saw a few that we tried to set up on throughout the day on Saturday, but they were just not cooperative... We had a blast though! By the time we finished on Saturday afternoon with Dan and his friend Dave, who was so nice to help us out with this weekends hunt both boys were wiped out! We defnitly put on a lot of miles with the two of you! Sunday came and my yongest son rolled out of bed and wanted to know what time we were going out! :) We met up with Dave again Sunday and gave it another shot but no dice... we had a difficult time finding birds.... But thats how it goes sometimes!

Thank you again Dan, and Dave, for taking the time to spend the day with us teaching us the Beast style turkey hunting, and making it a fun first turkey hunt for all of us! We Are definitly looking forward trying what we learned in a few weeks during our seasons!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:58 am

Sounds like you had an exciting week anyways 8-)
forgehunter
500 Club

Unread postby forgehunter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 am

PredatorTC wrote:Sounds like you had an exciting week anyways 8-)

We really did! I cannot begin to tell you how much fun the boys had with Dan and Dave! They we talking about it the whole drive home! They are definitly ready for more!
Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jimmy V.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”