Bucks on the mind.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: Bucks on the mind.

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:56 am

A5BLASTER wrote:I'm stuck at work till mid August but luckly I got all my spring/summer cams up. So Intel to gather for the short 2 weeks I will be home in August.

Dont need to buy any gear, everything is still good to go.

Bow is tuned and shooting great.

Got my new climbing stand built before I went to work but didnt have time to really play with it much so hopefully I can get that done while I'm at home next and get too test it this winter.

Kind of in a strange state of mind this year. Not really interested in trying to chase any big bucks this upcoming season. Think I'm just going too do a bit of meat hunting.

With all the craziness going on in the country, the logging companys have been working over time too provide lumber and plywood. So they have logged out huge tracts off the 3 main wma's I hunt. And I fear it has driven the bigger maturity class bucks into private land.

So I think i will just be content with progressing with my stand project and killing some meat.

I know the feeling.
The last 3 years the wmas i hunt have probably logged 40-50 percent of the land. The amount logged here in 2021 is more then ive ever seen thousands of acres. So why is wood still expensive makes no sense. One i quit hunting entirely because it pretty much has no trees other then a few in gullys or swamp left.

Select logging isn’t a bad thing but i don't think guys up north understand how much is logged down here in the south. We just have piles of wood ,barrels , tires whatever loggers left behind and it grows into scrub sometimes pine n briars.

I doubt their will be a single wma with a group of oak trees anywhere left in my side of the State in 20 years. Deep in the Appalachian Mountains might. Doubt my side of the state will.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Re: Bucks on the mind.

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:59 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
A5BLASTER wrote:I'm stuck at work till mid August but luckly I got all my spring/summer cams up. So Intel to gather for the short 2 weeks I will be home in August.

Dont need to buy any gear, everything is still good to go.

Bow is tuned and shooting great.

Got my new climbing stand built before I went to work but didnt have time to really play with it much so hopefully I can get that done while I'm at home next and get too test it this winter.

Kind of in a strange state of mind this year. Not really interested in trying to chase any big bucks this upcoming season. Think I'm just going too do a bit of meat hunting.

With all the craziness going on in the country, the logging companys have been working over time too provide lumber and plywood. So they have logged out huge tracts off the 3 main wma's I hunt. And I fear it has driven the bigger maturity class bucks into private land.

So I think i will just be content with progressing with my stand project and killing some meat.

I know the feeling.
The last 3 years the wmas i hunt have probably logged 40-50 percent of the land. The amount logged here in 2021 is more then ive ever seen thousands of acres. So why is wood still expensive makes no sense. One i quit hunting entirely because it pretty much has no trees other then a few in gullys or swamp left.

Select logging isn’t a bad thing but i don't think guys up north understand how much is logged down here in the south. We just have piles of wood ,barrels , tires whatever loggers left behind and it grows into scrub sometimes pine n briars.

I doubt their will be a single wma with a group of oak trees anywhere left in my side of the State in 20 years. Deep in the Appalachian Mountains might. Doubt my side of the state will.

Luckly mass trees are protect species on state and federal lands and cant be trimmed, logged are damaged in any way.

They also a few years ago got the state too increase the smz size from 30 yards to 50 yards.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”