2021 shed thread

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
Elite
500 Club
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:28 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Elite » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:28 am

Those are the type of sheds that make your heart skip a beat! :dance:


NorthernRookie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby NorthernRookie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:32 pm

Got a beat photo of one who dropped in early January
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NorthernRookie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby NorthernRookie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:33 pm

Man I’m dumb. That’s obviously not the photo I meant to share.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tbunao
500 Club
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby tbunao » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 am

IMG_20210220_080708830.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KRONIIK
500 Club
Posts: 1309
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:09 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby KRONIIK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:11 am

tbunao wrote:IMG_20210220_080708830.jpg

WHOA!
User avatar
Putt400
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:56 pm
Location: North Dakota
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Putt400 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:56 am

tbunao wrote:IMG_20210220_080708830.jpg

:clap:
“No matter how good or bad your life is, wake up each morning and be thankful you still have one”...Zig Ziglar
User avatar
greenhorndave
500 Club
Posts: 9510
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:09 am

tbunao wrote:IMG_20210220_080708830.jpg

:clap:

Now find the previous owner
——-
Let’s go Brandon!
Chad Gus 715
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:05 am

20210220_124840.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
equal opportunity hunter
Swamp Stache
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:33 pm
Location: Western mn
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 pm

Tbuano any history with that buck or a suprise find? It's a dandy!
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
User avatar
Dewey
Moderator
Posts: 33045
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:24 pm

No sheds but I did pick up a deadhead today. Never thrilled to find a dead one. Always a happier day finding sheds especially a matched set and knowing the buck is still alive to chase next season.

Image
NorthernRookie
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby NorthernRookie » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm

So this will be my first year looking for sheds. I know ideally you would wait for the snow to melt off but with there being almost 2 feet of snow on the ground in southeastern wisconsin, at what point do you need to start worrying about the critters eating them or getting grabbed by other hunters? Id love to take my 3 year old twins but i don't think they'll be able to handle snow past their waists for very long.
Elite
500 Club
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:28 am
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Elite » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:07 am

NorthernRookie wrote:So this will be my first year looking for sheds. I know ideally you would wait for the snow to melt off but with there being almost 2 feet of snow on the ground in southeastern wisconsin, at what point do you need to start worrying about the critters eating them or getting grabbed by other hunters? Id love to take my 3 year old twins but i don't think they'll be able to handle snow past their waists for very long.


It's always a tough decision to make. For me, I wait until the snow is almost completely gone because then I won't be making a second trip; and second guessing myself that I should have waited until the snow melted. You can glass fields or look in small pockets to scratch the itch until the snow melts. There's also bucks still holding through April in some areas, so waiting might pay off.
Pager24
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:18 am
Location: MO
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Pager24 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 am

found my personal best this afternoon
PXL_20210222_183739629.jpg
PXL_20210222_175443058.jpg
PXL_20210222_175412578.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Hawthorne
500 Club
Posts: 5429
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:13 pm
Location: michigan
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Hawthorne » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:44 am

Dewey wrote:No sheds but I did pick up a deadhead today. Never thrilled to find a dead one. Always a happier day finding sheds especially a matched set and knowing the buck is still alive to chase next season.

Image


Nice one! Did you know he was around
User avatar
Dewey
Moderator
Posts: 33045
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: 2021 shed thread

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:12 am

Hawthorne wrote:
Dewey wrote:No sheds but I did pick up a deadhead today. Never thrilled to find a dead one. Always a happier day finding sheds especially a matched set and knowing the buck is still alive to chase next season.

Image


Nice one! Did you know he was around

Never seen that one. He gross scored 148 7/8”. Can’t imagine what he would have blown up to with another year or two. Wasn’t a real old deer.


  • Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests