Deer Selfies

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
<DK>
500 Club

Re: Deer Selfies

Unread postby <DK> » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:04 am

I 100% agree. Glad someone said it

Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:06 am

Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:Someone needs to post a picture of a deer selfie...not sure what we are talking about

I don't want to specifically call anyone out or grab a random pic, but most of the social media hunting groups I'm on there are A LOT of people pointing the buck's face up from the ground, laying down with their head next to the deer's and taking a selfie with them like they're both smiling for the camera. I'm going to doubt you're much of a FB guy but both the Wisconsin Rut Report and Hunting Beast pages are pretty full of them.

The whole thing just looks off to me.

I was taught to respect the animal since it just gave up it’s life for you. If anything feel a little bit of sadness. These days respect is severely lacking. Some of the stuff I see these days just makes me shake my head. Like mentioned above we’re in the look at me society and seems everybody wants to be noticed.

I think you just need to chill and realize that not everything is out to get you. People are having fun. Just because it isn’t how its done like it was back in 1960-something doesn’t mean its “disrespectful”. Seriously, get over it!

I’m an adult. I can have an opinion and so can you. Seems pretty simple. I respect yours and I would hope you could respect mine. Not worth getting all up in arms about it and telling people to “chill” or get over it” is the finest form of disrespect. Just because somebody doesn’t agree with your viewpoint doesn’t make them wrong. I didn’t attack your view and I would hope you could show the same courtesy to me.

I get totally what you are saying but as a moderator, you come off condescending and negative alot. I guess I expect more support for the “hunting community” rather than finding reasons to bash it.

Condescending and negative? :confusion-confused:

Please provide some examples of that. I would really like to see where your coming from because that comment really confuses me.

If you have a problem with me lets settle this by PM.

Im not settling anything with you. Your post earlier is a perfect example. Your opinions are exactly yours but your words carry alot of weight here. I dont think you and many other people here are helping the hunting community by being negative and bashing what people do. Simple as that.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
UncleBuck3268
500 Club
Facebook: NONE

Unread postby UncleBuck3268 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:13 am

I understand to an extent, but what happened to a picture being a picture without it having to be a “selfie”. Were there days since the camera first came out when a guy didn’t hold a fish 2’ in front of him to make it look bigger? I find that pretty doubtful.

I personally believe if somebody had success taking a buck (aside from a paid game farm) they can take pictures any way they would like. After all, isn’t life what you make of it?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 am

Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:Someone needs to post a picture of a deer selfie...not sure what we are talking about

I don't want to specifically call anyone out or grab a random pic, but most of the social media hunting groups I'm on there are A LOT of people pointing the buck's face up from the ground, laying down with their head next to the deer's and taking a selfie with them like they're both smiling for the camera. I'm going to doubt you're much of a FB guy but both the Wisconsin Rut Report and Hunting Beast pages are pretty full of them.

I was taught to respect the animal since it just gave up it’s life for you. If anything feel a little bit of sadness. These days respect is severely lacking. Some of the stuff I see these days just makes me shake my head. Like mentioned above we’re in the look at me society and seems everybody wants to be noticed.

I think you just need to chill and realize that not everything is out to get you. People are having fun. Just because it isn’t how its done like it was back in 1960-something doesn’t mean its “disrespectful”. Seriously, get over it!

I’m an adult. I can have an opinion and so can you. Seems pretty simple. I respect yours and I would hope you could respect mine. Not worth getting all up in arms about it and telling people to “chill” or get over it” is the finest form of disrespect. Just because somebody doesn’t agree with your viewpoint doesn’t make them wrong. I didn’t attack your view and I would hope you could show the same courtesy to me.

I get totally what you are saying but as a moderator, you come off condescending and negative alot. I guess I expect more support for the “hunting community” rather than finding reasons to bash it.

Please provide some examples of that. I would really like to see where your coming from because that comment really confuses me.

Im not settling anything with you. Your post earlier is a perfect example. Your opinions are exactly yours but your words carry alot of weight here. I dont think you and many other people here are helping the hunting community by being negative and bashing what people do. Simple as that.

Fair enough....but also want to add that being a moderator doesn’t make me better than anybody else and doesn’t revoke my right to have an opinion about certain topics. That will continue.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am

Eating the animal you killed is thee ultimate form of respect. Wiping off the blood is like your ashamed of hunting and trying to hide the reality of hunting.
Ranger12
500 Club

Unread postby Ranger12 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:30 am

This year I shot a hefty buck 1.25 miles back across two islands and into a swamp. I was by myself. There was absolutely no way to get it out with out quartering it and packing it out. would a picture of meat and deer head on a tailgate, without me in it, been any more tasteful and respectful to you? Don’t think so. I have no one to take a picture of my trophy but myself. And I respect the whitetail more than a lot of people, so I for damn sure want a picture of the animal I worked so hard to get. My family wants the pics too. It’s a absolutely cherished moment to find that deer. Selfie it is. Or I hike back out, to get someone to go back in, to snap a pic of me holding it. Worth it? Not at all.

If your worried about the “look” in what must be anti hunters eyes, then you are clearly letting them get in your head, which must be miserable, and definitely letting them win the battle.

Do you. Be you. Enjoy yourself. And take everything in during that cherished moment of when you find that animal. Even if it requires to take a pic... because in a instant. It will just become another memory.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:30 am

I could never condemn a person for taking a selfie with the animal he's gonna eat. But alot of guys just donate their kills . I'm betting alot of that donated meat gets thrown away. :/
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:34 am

My last 3 bucks I didn’t have anyone take a hero shot with me and my buck. Not why I’m out there. To each there own could care less about how someone takes a picture of their deer. If that their way of having fun so be it
Last edited by Hawthorne on Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:37 am

Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Kraftd wrote:

Fair enough....but also want to add that being a moderator doesn’t make me better than anybody else and doesn’t revoke my right to have an opinion about certain topics. That will continue.

Yeah. Keep banging that drum. No wonder many of long time members from the past no longer come here.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Not a fan either but to each their own. I’m sure I do things that others don’t like.

I just scroll on by. No different than the self promoters, look at me, product pushing posts. Not a fan, just gonna give it the thumb swipe to go past. Only get to control my own actions.
"Get busy living or get busy dying"
may21581
500 Club

Unread postby may21581 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:29 pm

The poses with them pulling the ears down to get the rack to look bigger really irritates me! Selfies and deer hunting is just a new low. And respecting the life you took should be done in a more honorable way.
"Failure is the price for entry for achieving something great"
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:33 pm

may21581 wrote:The poses with them pulling the ears down to get the rack to look bigger really irritates me! Selfies and deer hunting is just a new low. And respecting the life you took should be done in a more honorable way.

I'm not seeing how Crazinamatese's picture is disrespectful to the buck....maybe if he was humping it :lol:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Sorry for boogering up your thread Kraftd. My intent obviously wasn’t for it to go that way.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Wow that changed quickly.
I actual say a prayer and thank each deer and the lord for whats i kill.
Note this. Its been awhile lmao.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:I blocked my face so I don’t get doxed by the virtuous ones on here.

Kind of cute if you imagine the deer giving you a kiss on the cheek. ;)

Too many important issues and crazy virus politics out there for me to get worried about photos, I think there is a point where some photos can become disrespectful but we all judge everyone too much as it is so I'm not going to draw any imaginary lines in the sand.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”