Saddle hunters, how do you keep from sweating with layers?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Thomasj1107

Saddle hunters, how do you keep from sweating with layers?

Unread postby Thomasj1107 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:10 am

I’m a heavy sweater. When it’s a little warmer I don’t really care if I sweat as much because I won’t get THAT cold... but when it’s November and pretty dang cold out there, how the heck do you manage the climbing and getting set up with your layers on without sweating like crazy?

Dewey

Re: Saddle hunters, how do you keep from sweating with layers?

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:13 am

Put your layers on after. I can easily loosen my waist strap a bit and put my jacket or other top layers on in the tree then tuck in if needed. I also put my jacket on over the top of my saddle with no issues down to the bridge without tucking in.
Maverick1

Unread postby Maverick1 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:17 am

Go slow

One nice thing about using a saddle is that you can put on your upper body layers (jacket) when you reach hunting height.

Colder days: wearing under gear and outer gear while climbing up the tree. (Long underwear bottoms and bibs are on). Upper body is only covered by a light base layer. Put on sweatshirt and then jacket when fully clipped in and on the platform/ring of steps.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:27 am

I'm the same way. I strap heavier weight clothes onto my platform/sticks and dress at the stand.

20201114_162616.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
——-
Please give Brandon encouragement on his activities

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”