More bedding/scouting videos

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Moose » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:35 pm

I have all of dans bedding videos and have watched them numerous times. I really love to watch scouting videos plus it helps me tremendously! Are there any other types of videos like Dan's out there worth getting that is scouting based?


User avatar
Rob loper
500 Club
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:06 am

Check mine out. I have some cyber scouti g stuff and regular videos of me scouting.
I try and usually im on good deer my problem i just really suck at tree selection. So im usually 20-40 yards too far away. Lmao check me out though.
The buck psych. All public land
Click link down below
User avatar
Rob loper
500 Club
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:06 am

Check mine out. I have some cyber scouti g stuff and regular videos of me scouting.
I try and usually im on good deer my problem i just really suck at tree selection. So im usually 20-40 yards too far away. Lmao check me out though.
The buck psych. All public land
Click link down below
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Moose » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:12 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:Check mine out. I have some cyber scouti g stuff and regular videos of me scouting.
I try and usually im on good deer my problem i just really suck at tree selection. So im usually 20-40 yards too far away. Lmao check me out though.
The buck psych. All public land
Click link down below

Awesome! Thanks i will check it out for sured
User avatar
Rob loper
500 Club
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:15 am

Moose wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:Check mine out. I have some cyber scouti g stuff and regular videos of me scouting.
I try and usually im on good deer my problem i just really suck at tree selection. So im usually 20-40 yards too far away. Lmao check me out though.
The buck psych. All public land
Click link down below

Awesome! Thanks i will check it out for sured

Anytime. There is alot of good guys here and tons of help.
I would highly recommend reading all time great threads.
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Moose » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:20 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:
Moose wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:Check mine out. I have some cyber scouti g stuff and regular videos of me scouting.
I try and usually im on good deer my problem i just really suck at tree selection. So im usually 20-40 yards too far away. Lmao check me out though.
The buck psych. All public land
Click link down below

Awesome! Thanks i will check it out for sured

Anytime. There is alot of good guys here and tons of help.
I would highly recommend reading all time great threads.

Ive read a ton on here. And yes this is a wealth of knowledge! Im just addicted to scouting videos lol. Shhhh dont tell anyone unless they have scouting videos lol
User avatar
hunting_dad
500 Club
Posts: 833
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:43 am
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby hunting_dad » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:22 am

DIY sportsman and The Hunting Public are a couple others as well
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Moose » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 am

hunting_dad wrote:DIY sportsman and The Hunting Public are a couple others as well

Thanks, i already watch those. I guess i was talking about buying dvds like Dan's. I dont know of anyone else that does that.
User avatar
Rob loper
500 Club
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 am

:arrow: Not to hijack this post and im sure someone will trash me , label me, or whatever but i really don't care i like to help people and i always will and this is why i will say this.
i really think you need to watch and pick only a few channels that can relate or are very similar to the areas or terrain you hunt.
With that being said Im gonna say or state this in a way i don't want anyone to take offense to. I love Dan and a few beast guys on here. They are generous and just super helpful and informative. I will say a lot things have changed on here since I’ve joined 4 years ago.
I'm not hating or bashing on anyone nor am i saying anyone or any group is doing anything illegal to get it done.
And if they did i really wouldn’t care cause I probably don’t watch them anyway. :lol:
I don't watch many youtube videos of really anything deer related. I watch maybe 1-2 channels.
I watch The beast, nutterbuster and off the top of my head maybe one more i cant remember.
I do mine because i enjoy it and it keeps me busy.
My children help me alot with it.
Its real, raw, snd in my opinion from what i have learned and have experienced legit.
Do i have all these big buck videos on my channel?
No Of course not.
I work and have 3 kids who are multi sport athletes. Its why i have under 1k subs lol. I am semi retired though.
Big bucks on camera bring watchers. Period. Results. I get it.
I don't have time to hunt 80-90 sits a year like most of these big youtube channels do.
What average 9-5 person with a family and other obligations has that sort of time. Not many. Im retired and i dont. Well like i said semi retired.
Most of the big channels out there depend on big bucks on camera because they again need results.
This makes me think in a way a-lot of these big youtube channels are getting sort of like TV.
These guys are traveling most of the mid states of America where the bucks are numerous and get very large ( mature)
Public land is very big and there is spots to get away from hunters.
I mean They are hunting a different state every few weeks.
Are they getting results? Of course they are or No-one would subscribe and watch. Most of them are really legit killers and would be anywhere they hunt. Well some would be not most.
My thing is, results or someone gonna move on to watch someone who is getting results.
Most of the guys who run these channels have no other jobs its a full time job so again back to Results.
Comparison to midwest to east coast in my opinion is like comparing. Trump to joe biden. It just doesnt mix.
Its so different its crazy. When i spent 3 days with Dan few years back i figured oh i got this. Lmao. Yea ok figured out ok. Lol. I learned a ton but still after 3 years have a ton to learn.
The population on the east coast is booming.its crazy. Development, stores, commercial properties is everywhere and just keep popping up. Farms are dwindling for the big $ they can get to retire.
The land or tracks left to hunt are super small. Alot of urban hunting. State forests and some marsh areas.
Im talking i believe one of the biggest pieces i hunt in delaware is around 2500 acres. Lmao. People laugh at that
Some people i see out in midwest hunt 250k acre pieces. How do you get away from hunter pressure when the 2,500 acres is surrounded by hunters and then more hunters into the interior? You dont. Lol
There is no comparison to this. Do the deer act and usually use terrains the same way? Of course they do.
But these little pockets or areas that not many people go to i keep hearing about are super rare in my parts and if there is one it’s probably on private.
My point is watch what you watch , because ive done it been there. And been super disappointed. You can not again compare trump to Biden or better yet apples to oranges.
They are too different.
There is a few things i can take in from a video a guy does in Iowa and compare and implement that info in Delaware.
Not much though.
Ive really really learned. It doesn't work like that.
Learn how and when the deer use your areas and become
More consistent on succeeding
User avatar
Boogieman1
500 Club
Posts: 5581
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 pm
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:44 am

No offense to any youtubers but viewing such just has never appealed to me. Just have never had a burning desire to watch someone sit in a tree stand or walk around in the woods. It isn’t nothing against hunting I have the same non desire to watch a man sip a cup of coffee and explain how he makes this special brew. Now humor I will watch! I bet I’ve watched Bill Dance bloopers 1000x times and crack up each time.

The whole YouTube thing just lost my trust way to long ago. I mean out of billions of hours of unboxing and “so called honest reviews” how come nobody had got there hands on some complete crap? Where’s the this is the biggest rip off piece of junk out there. I know why, but some folks actually believe these reviews. Trust lost for me. Now if someone comes around and is legit honest and calls a spade a spade then I will tune in. But it raises the question of why someone would be making content in the first place.
Eat the donut not the hole!
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Moose » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:54 pm

TheBuckPsych wrote:
Moose wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:Check mine out. I have some cyber scouti g stuff and regular videos of me scouting.
I try and usually im on good deer my problem i just really suck at tree selection. So im usually 20-40 yards too far away. Lmao check me out though.
The buck psych. All public land
Click link down below

Awesome! Thanks i will check it out for sured

Anytime. There is alot of good guys here and tons of help.
I would highly recommend reading all time great threads.

Ive watched a couple of your videos and enjoy watching them and learning someone elses perspective. I will be watching more for sure! Thanks again for your channel.
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1644
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Moose » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:57 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:No offense to any youtubers but viewing such just has never appealed to me. Just have never had a burning desire to watch someone sit in a tree stand or walk around in the woods. It isn’t nothing against hunting I have the same non desire to watch a man sip a cup of coffee and explain how he makes this special brew. Now humor I will watch! I bet I’ve watched Bill Dance bloopers 1000x times and crack up each time.

The whole YouTube thing just lost my trust way to long ago. I mean out of billions of hours of unboxing and “so called honest reviews” how come nobody had got there hands on some complete crap? Where’s the this is the biggest rip off piece of junk out there. I know why, but some folks actually believe these reviews. Trust lost for me. Now if someone comes around and is legit honest and calls a spade a spade then I will tune in. But it raises the question of why someone would be making content in the first place.

Bill dances bloopers are hilarious! Im laughing just thinking about them. I watch alot of YouTube videos,its free and a great learning tool. I always pick up information or what not to do. I dont really watch review videos because of the same reasons you dont.
User avatar
Boogieman1
500 Club
Posts: 5581
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 pm
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 am

Moose, I hope I didn’t imply that there’s nothing to learn from YouTube. It’s just the fact I don’t care about it. I have no interest in learning Chinese arithmetic, diy home projects, or wonders of the world. I’m content with my knowledge and value my time more than the other stuff. Pretty much the same with whitetail. I admit theres much stuff I don’t know and again don’t care. How they stick there tongue out while mating, how many turds in a typical bowel movement, how to classify rubs, scrapes, how to read topos, or productive cyber scouting. All fine and dandy but I care nothing about it. For me (a simple man) can u put a buck in front of you? If not that other stuff ain’t gonna help ya either, if so than that other stuff is just for fun.

The ability to walk a piece of property and say right here and throwing time at it is what separates killers from those constantly seeking answers on YouTube. Atleast IMHO
Eat the donut not the hole!
User avatar
Wolfshead
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 pm
Location: CNY
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Wolfshead » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:05 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Moose, I hope I didn’t imply that there’s nothing to learn from YouTube. It’s just the fact I don’t care about it. I have no interest in learning Chinese arithmetic, diy home projects, or wonders of the world. I’m content with my knowledge and value my time more than the other stuff. Pretty much the same with whitetail. I admit theres much stuff I don’t know and again don’t care. How they stick there tongue out while mating, how many turds in a typical bowel movement, how to classify rubs, scrapes, how to read topos, or productive cyber scouting. All fine and dandy but I care nothing about it. For me (a simple man) can u put a buck in front of you? If not that other stuff ain’t gonna help ya either, if so than that other stuff is just for fun.

The ability to walk a piece of property and say right here and throwing time at it is what separates killers from those constantly seeking answers on YouTube. Atleast IMHO


What you have described is why I think you Boogie, would be a good one to make a YouTube video. :shock:
I know, I know, but I feel like most of them are 90% talking about what they are going to talk about and 10% actual information.
I think you would just cut to the chase and tell us like it is.
Plain old meat and potatoes information
I find that sifting through the BS to get the actual info is the worst part
User avatar
Rob loper
500 Club
Posts: 1747
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: More bedding/scouting videos

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:No offense to any youtubers but viewing such just has never appealed to me. Just have never had a burning desire to watch someone sit in a tree stand or walk around in the woods. It isn’t nothing against hunting I have the same non desire to watch a man sip a cup of coffee and explain how he makes this special brew. Now humor I will watch! I bet I’ve watched Bill Dance bloopers 1000x times and crack up each time.

The whole YouTube thing just lost my trust way to long ago. I mean out of billions of hours of unboxing and “so called honest reviews” how come nobody had got there hands on some complete crap? Where’s the this is the biggest rip off piece of junk out there. I know why, but some folks actually believe these reviews. Trust lost for me. Now if someone comes around and is legit honest and calls a spade a spade then I will tune in. But it raises the question of why someone would be making content in the first place.



Too each his own bro.
What works or entertains one may not do the same for others.


  • Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests