STOLEN BUCK!! UP of MI!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Re: STOLEN BUCK!! UP of MI!!

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:03 am

1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:** UPDATE **
I got the low down this am

So I guess they noticed the tire tracks and followed em Right to the next camp down the road. Called the dnr. The officer knew the people from that camp and had always been friendly with em.

He went down there and was welcomed all cheerily and at that point he ripped them a new A** and said he wasn’t there to be buddies. He wanted names and numbers to everyone that was at that camp. He stated something like the best case scenario that deer shows back up at the camp it was stolen from tonight. Then he got some phone warrants and such.

The guy who shot the deer had gone home Depressed as all H but two others remained At camp. Late at night a truck pulled in and two guys got out Quick, slid the deer onto the ground and got the heck out of there. It was a local neighbor who apparently was after that same buck all season. It was “his” deer and he was mad someone else shot it.. so when he went by to visit at the neighboring camp he noticed it hanging and planned to steal it..

The camp down the road came down and let them know this guy was no longer aloud around there place.

What a clown.

Happy ending though. Great job on the MDNR’s part on that incident.

I am so glad it was recovered and hopefully the thief will get an appropriate fine and loss of license.

I love me a happy ending.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:12 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:
1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:** UPDATE **
I got the low down this am

So I guess they noticed the tire tracks and followed em Right to the next camp down the road. Called the dnr. The officer knew the people from that camp and had always been friendly with em.

He went down there and was welcomed all cheerily and at that point he ripped them a new A** and said he wasn’t there to be buddies. He wanted names and numbers to everyone that was at that camp. He stated something like the best case scenario that deer shows back up at the camp it was stolen from tonight. Then he got some phone warrants and such.

The guy who shot the deer had gone home Depressed as all H but two others remained At camp. Late at night a truck pulled in and two guys got out Quick, slid the deer onto the ground and got the heck out of there. It was a local neighbor who apparently was after that same buck all season. It was “his” deer and he was mad someone else shot it.. so when he went by to visit at the neighboring camp he noticed it hanging and planned to steal it..

The camp down the road came down and let them know this guy was no longer aloud around there place.

What a clown.

Happy ending though. Great job on the MDNR’s part on that incident.

I am so glad it was recovered and hopefully the thief will get an appropriate fine and loss of license.

I love me a happy ending.

Bob

Good, glad they were able to nab him. I will say Kudos to Michigan DNR also. I am sure there is great conservation in other states too, but Michigan DNR seems to do a great job catching perpetrators and poachers.
MuskieHunterDave
Facebook: can suck it.

Unread postby MuskieHunterDave » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:46 am

Rough story, glad it worked out.
That deserves loss of license for 5 year, IMO.
Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 am

Good to hear this turned out well. 8-)

That guy deserves a lifetime ban from buying a hunting license. :twisted:
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:23 am

Wow I’m glad this turned out well. Kudos to the DNR for addressing it so quickly and getting it resolved.

And I agree with Dewey...some kind of ban from getting a hunting license, at least for awhile. That’s the ultimate in LOW right there. Just unfathomable.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 am

8-)

Great news.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:35 am

That is great news. Glad your friend got his deer back
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Glad to hear of that ending! I had this one-in-a-lifetime 5 point stolen from the processor. I don’t EVER leave any racks anywhere now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”