catch a cruising buck...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad
500 Club

catch a cruising buck...

Unread postby Brad » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:21 am

So, tomorrow I am going to hunt a spot I've never hunted before, but in the spring found some bucks sign, so I'm planning to give it a go. I found a great rub line (around 8-10 or so rubs made last year or older) with beds on the points of the hills north of it & I believe to be a few doe bedding areas south and southeast of the rub line. i marked some of the rubs in brown, beds in blue, and a yellow line that indicates where there is a transition of different timber types that first got me interested in the area to scout. Wind is predicted SW. I believe the doe bedding areas are in the field below the rub line and also in that area between the pond and the field.

my question is, do you think it would be better to set up along the transition line hoping a buck will be cruising the line?
between the brushy doe bedding and the large washout which seems to be often used for travel?
near the points where i believe bucks may be bedding?
or are there other good options I should consider?
Thanks for any input. This may be my only day able to hunt this particular area, and from next week on I can't get out very much to hunt at all, so I'm hoping to swing for the fence tomorrow.

Hybrid map.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

G-Patt
500 Club

Re: catch a cruising buck...

Unread postby G-Patt » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:29 am

I kind a like the brushy doe bedding/the washout option. Even better if scrapes are there too. Good luck!
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
Brad
500 Club

Re: catch a cruising buck...

Unread postby Brad » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:46 am

Yea, It's not always easy to find them in the dark, but i"ll definitely keep an eye out for scrapes along the way.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”