A Warm Rut

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
headgear
500 Club

Re: A Warm Rut

Unread postby headgear » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:14 am

I know guys that have shot nice bucks when it was in the 70's mid day during the rut, it will slow them but I don't think it stops them. The time is the time.

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:59 am

Id go for the buck bedding areas and highest traffic spots. Iv seen bucks bedding together like the rut wasnt even happening w weather like that. Nov 16

My buddy killed a young double drop tine, late morning, right at the camp on day like you described. Windy, warm, mixed rain... Just terrible. He jumped 2 bucks out of their beds and then the double came rolling thru as well. So they definitely can move but I would stick to thick cover only.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:23 am

Mornings will have the most ‘rut’ action. Bucks that aren’t with a doe will still cruise midday. Areas with pocketed water sources would be ideal.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:44 am

There have been some really good replies in here. Thanks for all the awesome feedback.

Warm rut or not the deer are still out there and it's up to the Hunter to figure out how to make it happen.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”