Anyone play the Barometer Game?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
matt1336
500 Club

Re: Anyone play the Barometer Game?

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:01 am

The fishing guys really pay attention to pressure. Doesn’t it really coincide with weather fronts moving in and out. A storm or rain moves in the pressure drops, while its dropping the deer feel that and put the feed bag on prior to the storm. After the storm passes the pressure rises and the deer are back on their feet cuz they need to eat and they’re sick of not being on their feet. Right? Or am I way off?

MNarrow

Unread postby MNarrow » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:12 am

matt1336 wrote:The fishing guys really pay attention to pressure. Doesn’t it really coincide with weather fronts moving in and out. A storm or rain moves in the pressure drops, while its dropping the deer feel that and put the feed bag on prior to the storm. After the storm passes the pressure rises and the deer are back on their feet cuz they need to eat and they’re sick of not being on their feet. Right? Or am I way off?

Cold front doesn't bring rising pressure?
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:13 am

MNarrow wrote:
matt1336 wrote:The fishing guys really pay attention to pressure. Doesn’t it really coincide with weather fronts moving in and out. A storm or rain moves in the pressure drops, while its dropping the deer feel that and put the feed bag on prior to the storm. After the storm passes the pressure rises and the deer are back on their feet cuz they need to eat and they’re sick of not being on their feet. Right? Or am I way off?

Sometimes, in the winter, a high pressure system will bring cold. But usually a storm comes in on a low front. Then when a high pushes it out it can be colder air behind it. At least where I am.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:06 am

Huntress13 wrote:
MNarrow wrote:

Sometimes, in the winter, a high pressure system will bring cold. But usually a storm comes in on a low front. Then when a high pushes it out it can be colder air behind it. At least where I am.

Yeah.... that’s been my observation too

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”