Getting my ground sneak on

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Getting my ground sneak on

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:45 am

Did a little DIY stuff today on my ghillie bow blind and a ghillie hat/cape. Coupled with First Lite Cipher leaf suit, I think it will do the job. The video shows how the bow blind effectively hides my draw (you can watch the red crepe myrtle flowers to see when I draw). The Waldrops pack seat works perfectly with this set up. Add some tan pants, a little face paint around the eyes and this should blend into a lot of environments.

https://youtu.be/Wx29aIzU9mw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Re: Getting my ground sneak on

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Cool idea! Looks great.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:21 pm

That’s cool. Keep us posted as to how it works!
——-
Please give Brandon encouragement on his activities
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 pm

That looks good. Without the blue jeans and in heavier cover, you wouldn't know what you were looking at.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:40 pm

Huntress13 wrote:That looks good. Without the blue jeans and in heavier cover, you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

Yes man and that's with no cover in front of me. I typically wear tan pants to blend into the grass and then use my pvc pipes to put brush around me.

https://youtu.be/gVqXuPj-RqM
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

DaveT1963 wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:That looks good. Without the blue jeans and in heavier cover, you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

Yes man and that's with no cover in front of me. I typically wear tan pants to blend into the grass and then use my pvc pipes to put brush around me.

https://youtu.be/gVqXuPj-RqM

Excellent idea.
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:52 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Did a little DIY stuff today on my ghillie bow blind and a ghillie hat/cape. Coupled with First Lite Cipher leaf suit, I think it will do the job. The video shows how the bow blind effectively hides my draw (you can watch the red crepe myrtle flowers to see when I draw). The Waldrops pack seat works perfectly with this set up. Add some tan pants, a little face paint around the eyes and this should blend into ...

Did you make the bow blind yourself? Curious to see how that is set up.
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:31 am

8-)

That is a slick setup.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 am

Zephyrus wrote:
DaveT1963 wrote:Did a little DIY stuff today on my ghillie bow blind and a ghillie hat/cape. Coupled with First Lite Cipher leaf suit, I think it will do the job. The video shows how the bow blind effectively hides my draw (you can watch the red crepe myrtle flowers to see when I draw). The Waldrops pack seat works perfectly with this set up. Add some tan pants, a little face paint around the eyes and this should blend into ...

Did you make the bow blind yourself? Curious to see how that is set up.

Yes I built it. Got the idea off Curt from Tradgang, his attached with a strap on fishing reel adapter. I modified it to work in a quiver so it is easy to take on/off.

I basically took a carbon arrow with field point. Cut it to desired length. I drilled a small hole at top and bottom. Took stiff wire and shaped to fit in each hole. I exposed it in place then stretched netting over the fram and sewed it in place. then it's just a matter of attaching the ghillie material and sneaky leaves to it. I also added several paracord strips so I can tie on natural material.
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 am

8-)

Slick!
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”