How do you carry your sidearm hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
westwind

Re: How do you carry your sidearm hunting?

Unread postby westwind » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:29 am

I've gotta say I'm a little surprised so many of you carry when you're bowhunting. Only time I've considered it was when I was in Northern Wisco with all the wolves running around, and even then I knew the statistics didn't really establish a threat to us bidepals.

Remind me not to bump into any of you guys when I'm still hunting through a thick bedding area :lol:

BIGBUCKr1962

Unread postby BIGBUCKr1962 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:31 am

westwind wrote:I've gotta say I'm a little surprised so many of you carry when you're bowhunting. Only time I've considered it was when I was in Northern Wisco with all the wolves running around, and even then I knew the statistics didn't really establish a threat to us bidepals.

Remind me not to bump into any of you guys when I'm still hunting through a thick bedding area :lol:

+1.

If I was hunting in grizzly bear territory l would carry.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:47 am

westwind wrote:I've gotta say I'm a little surprised so many of you carry when you're bowhunting. Only time I've considered it was when I was in Northern Wisco with all the wolves running around, and even then I knew the statistics didn't really establish a threat to us bidepals.

It’s got very little to do with the four legged critters. They don’t bother me much. The two legged variety can be much more dangerous. Never know when you might run into a lunatic especially in remote areas.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 am

Dewey wrote:

It’s got very little to do with the four legged critters. They don’t bother me much. The two legged variety can be much more dangerous. Never know when you might run into a lunatic especially in remote areas.

I feel the same way. Ill take my chances with a bear or wolf over some of the "locals" I've had the pleasure of meeting in the woods.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
BIGBUCKr1962

Unread postby BIGBUCKr1962 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:25 am

Jonny wrote:
Dewey wrote:

I feel the same way. Ill take my chances with a bear or wolf over some of the "locals" I've had the pleasure of meeting in the woods.

Yes, I read about “the locals” all of the time.
Sailfish_WC
500 Club

Unread postby Sailfish_WC » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:23 am

On my side
Don't blame me, I voted for the mean tweeter
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:19 am

Add Iowa to the states where it isn't legal to carry while bowhunting (last I checked).
America works when Americans work.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:29 am

It's not the 4 legged animals most people worry about when they carry.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:36 am

UntouchableNess wrote:Add Iowa to the states where it isn't legal to carry while bowhunting (last I checked).

Guess I missed that one. :shifty:
Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:29 pm

yup, you can never be to careful. Im a disabled man and i don't have the strength i once had. It would be easy to get the drop on me unarmed in a dark public parking area at night in a remote place. Just gives me peace of mind i will return safely home to my family.
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Dewey wrote:
UntouchableNess wrote:Add Iowa to the states where it isn't legal to carry while bowhunting (last I checked).

Guess I missed that one. :shifty:

Only a problem if your caught ;)
Missionshooter
500 Club

Unread postby Missionshooter » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Stays in the pack.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
STLBowhunter Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKzQUpmjiy8
Solocam92

Unread postby Solocam92 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:46 pm

My understanding is that it is now legal in Iowa with a legal permit to carry.

To answer the OP question, an LCP II with a clip draw appendix
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Solocam92 wrote:My understanding is that it is now legal in Iowa with a legal permit to carry.

You are correct. Just looked it up. 8-)

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:47 am

Dewey wrote:
Solocam92 wrote:My understanding is that it is now legal in Iowa with a legal permit to carry.

You are correct. Just looked it up. 8-)

Good to know, though I think it is a stupid law. What difference does it really make if you have a permit? Does that somehow grant better knowledge/judgement? If so, what if I carried my expired permit to prove that I once jumped through their hoops?
America works when Americans work.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”