A new property question.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
SEOHBB

A new property question.

Unread postby SEOHBB » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Hey all, im working on a new family property here and wanted to see if any of you see anything that stands out set up wise. Its in southern ohio and ive never stepped foot on it, at least not since i was 3 or 4 years old. Ill be going in blind november 1 thru 8 and it sounds like ill have the first dibs on it all year. I live a couple thousand miles away so Im no expert and am looking for some help since ill be going in blind. Im really interested in this place, biggest buck Ive ever seen in my life was about 1 mile away as a crow flies from this piece and it connects by hardwoods. Looking at the ground south on google earth i see a couple small food plots so my guess is the neighbor probably pressures his deer and if untouched I could be into some quality sits. Anyways, if anyone sees any topo features that jump out feel free to share. Common winds are w, sw, and norths in november. Thanks
this url to save or share this map:
http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYX ... IDe9sa1Cgw

SEOHBB

Re: A new property question.

Unread postby SEOHBB » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:06 pm

http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYX ... ID-qvK2Cgw

I added rough property lines to it. Hopefully that helps. Im trying to figure if i should be hunting close to the top of at the head of the big draw on the south facing hill. Ill likely be going in at dark so im not sure which elevation to go with.

Do you all see any southwest or west wind spots?

I figure ill move to where the acrion is but id like to be in the game to start. What do yall think.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:38 pm

A topo map might help.

I would try to do some scouting and an observation sit or two to try to determine best places to set up.
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:46 am

The property line you drew makes the place look like the shape of a boot. The tip of the boot looks like the most promising bet for bedding provided the cover is there and there isn't much pressure through it. For Southwest and west winds I would expect the deer to favor the east facing upper part of that hill right where the property line makes the tip of the boot. Going to be hard to access and set up without getting winded by them in that location.
SEOHBB

Unread postby SEOHBB » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:11 am

http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYX ... IC-2f-gCgw

Topo map. I cant figure out how to attach a basemap image....
comeback_kid

Unread postby comeback_kid » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:40 am

It's a free country, you can do what you want, but I would not be sharing maps where the exact location is easily visible. Otherwise you might have some company come the rut.
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:27 pm

comeback_kid wrote:It's a free country, you can do what you want, but I would not be sharing maps where the exact location is easily visible. Otherwise you might have some company come the rut.

Its private land, hopefully he is okay that way
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”