could this be a buck bed

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Matthewkatz
Facebook: matthew R katzmarek

could this be a buck bed

Unread postby Matthewkatz » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 am

Im still new to beast hunting, I hunt tennessee, but I found a group of three beds worn to dirt in a point in an old clearcut. everyone hunts the open hardwoods but no one enters the clearcut because of lack of trees and its thick and nasty. I feel a buck would use this bed on the tip of the point with the wind coming through the clearcut and looking downwind. I got pics of one of the beds on the tip. I feel since this is one of the only areas of the piece that doesnt get hunted It should have a buck use it. the bed is right in front of that skinny cedar and the other pic is me sitting in it and looking the other way. I assume he would look downwind to the open area because he could smell and hear a predator busting through the thickett.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Re: could this be a buck bed

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:40 am

Hard to tell for sure from the pic. It almost looks more like a scrape or turkey scratchings because the leaves seem "fluffy" still. Usually, a well worn bed will have heavy matting, like someone rolled all the leaves flat with a rolling pin. Another thing to look for is the lima bean shape, which indicates if it is a bed or not.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:45 am

Absolutely, it looks like deer beds for sure, did you see runs on your cedar tree?

Also I would black out road names if you share any maps, and maybe spin the photo to help disguise it. Good luck.
“Stay strapped or get clapped!” Theodore Roosevelt
Matthewkatz
Facebook: matthew R katzmarek

Unread postby Matthewkatz » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:05 am

the beds had hair in them. Thats how ive been confirming beds compared to scrapes/turkey sign

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”