Your expert opinion

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
SEOHBB

Your expert opinion

Unread postby SEOHBB » Sat May 16, 2020 1:56 am

For you private ground guys? Would you plant small orchards in hills on travel lines of movement that serve as rut corridors or have one centralized orchard. I have an orchard establishing in my largest food plot which is close to the center of my ground. I was told by a habitat guy that creating a few small orchards to supplement the lines of movement and relieve doe group pressure would be a goo way to allow me to hunt the ground better without focus abd disturbing one orchard. Im looking at adding just a couple vary drop crab apples to small kill plots on the travel lines this coming year but i get conflicting info on this. Any helo is appreciated. The apple locations would be set up in areas I already have history with cruising bucks. Im thinking it would strengthen those lines of travel?????

Hawthorne
500 Club

Re: Your expert opinion

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat May 16, 2020 2:31 am

Yes. I planted two small orchards on my place. Pears and apples. Also some lines and clumps of spruce. Should be make it better in 10 years or less. I had a few small apples for the first time last year. Planted 6 yrs ago. The best time to plant a tree was 20yrs ago the next best time is now

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”