Release?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Drenalin
500 Club

Re: Release?

Unread postby Drenalin » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:32 am

I've been using a couple of Scott Sabertooths for over 10 years, always keep an extra one in my glove box. It's a good release and I haven't had any issues at with it, but I'm probably going to switch to a thumb style this year because I'm becoming a trigger puncher.

greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 am

Drenalin wrote:I've been using a couple of Scott Sabertooths for over 10 years, always keep an extra one in my glove box. It's a good release and I haven't had any issues at with it, but I'm probably going to switch to a thumb style this year because I'm becoming a trigger puncher.

Think about trying that Tru Ball with the swept-back trigger. I adjusted it on fairly short side so I'm pretty much activating it by my middle knuckle and with where it is in my hand and the sweep it's not as easy to punch without good back tension. I've never shot a thumb release, but my back tension is improved over any other release that I've used.

——-
Let’s go Brandon!
MNarrow

Unread postby MNarrow » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:27 am

Carter Like Mike
Swamp_donkey

Unread postby Swamp_donkey » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:52 pm

Carter Quickie II. Have loved it since I first shot it. Haven't used anything else for hunting since. Only had to replace the elastic that resets the hook twice, in about 12 years. Doesn't pose a problem for shooting and a hair elastic seems to fit perfectly and works as a replacement.
NBK438

Unread postby NBK438 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:27 am

I was a fan of Scott releases for many years but had issues with them locking up in that last 5 years or so that I used them. Switched to a Carter RX1 and have had no issues. Same buckle as the Scott but much better all around.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”