Bobcat climbs tree - video

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
User avatar
thwack16
500 Club
Posts: 1842
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm
Location: MS
Status: Offline

Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby thwack16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:00 am

Thought I’d share something that happened to me last turkey season. I was working a flock of birds across a creek and in the adjoining property owners field. I couldn’t tell exactly where they were so I climbed into an old lock on I have on the creek bank to get a better view.
A
s I’m watching them, I notice a bobcat sneaking through the cane down the creek bank looking for a turkey dinner as well. As he neared my tree, he picked me out, but I’m assuming he just saw my eyes and thought there might be a meal in the tree for him. Right before he scales the tree, I blew at him attempting to run him off.

Video:

https://youtu.be/g6wBmJGCEZ8


User avatar
stash59
Moderator
Posts: 9550
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 am
Location: S Central Wi.
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:54 am

8-)
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
User avatar
hokiehunter373
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 am
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby hokiehunter373 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:30 am

thwack16 wrote:Thought I’d share something that happened to me last turkey season. I was working a flock of birds across a creek and in the adjoining property owners field. I couldn’t tell exactly where they were so I climbed into an old lock on I have on the creek bank to get a better view.
A
s I’m watching them, I notice a bobcat sneaking through the cane down the creek bank looking for a turkey dinner as well. As he neared my tree, he picked me out, but I’m assuming he just saw my eyes and thought there might be a meal in the tree for him. Right before he scales the tree, I blew at him attempting to run him off.

Video:

https://youtu.be/g6wBmJGCEZ8


LMAO #VideosThatEndTooSoon what happened once he got up there?
Get me in the woods
User avatar
thwack16
500 Club
Posts: 1842
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm
Location: MS
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby thwack16 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:36 am

hokiehunter373 wrote:
thwack16 wrote:Thought I’d share something that happened to me last turkey season. I was working a flock of birds across a creek and in the adjoining property owners field. I couldn’t tell exactly where they were so I climbed into an old lock on I have on the creek bank to get a better view.
A
s I’m watching them, I notice a bobcat sneaking through the cane down the creek bank looking for a turkey dinner as well. As he neared my tree, he picked me out, but I’m assuming he just saw my eyes and thought there might be a meal in the tree for him. Right before he scales the tree, I blew at him attempting to run him off.

Video:

https://youtu.be/g6wBmJGCEZ8


LMAO #VideosThatEndTooSoon what happened once he got up there?


Ended because I freaked out ha. He got to just under platform height before realizing I was a little bigger meal than he was looking for. He slid back down the tree and sat at the bottom glaring at me before slinking off.
User avatar
hokiehunter373
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 am
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby hokiehunter373 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 am

thwack16 wrote:
hokiehunter373 wrote:
thwack16 wrote:Thought I’d share something that happened to me last turkey season. I was working a flock of birds across a creek and in the adjoining property owners field. I couldn’t tell exactly where they were so I climbed into an old lock on I have on the creek bank to get a better view.
A
s I’m watching them, I notice a bobcat sneaking through the cane down the creek bank looking for a turkey dinner as well. As he neared my tree, he picked me out, but I’m assuming he just saw my eyes and thought there might be a meal in the tree for him. Right before he scales the tree, I blew at him attempting to run him off.

Video:

https://youtu.be/g6wBmJGCEZ8


LMAO #VideosThatEndTooSoon what happened once he got up there?


Ended because I freaked out ha. He got to just under platform height before realizing I was a little bigger meal than he was looking for. He slid back down the tree and sat at the bottom glaring at me before slinking off.


Haha I figured. Man, imagine what was going through that poor dudes mind
Get me in the woods
User avatar
Dewey
Moderator
Posts: 33368
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:01 am

Reminds me of the time I was almost attacked by a hawk. I screamed like a girl as talons were headed at my face. :lol:
Moose
500 Club
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Location: IOWA
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby Moose » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:27 pm

Wow that climbed fast!
User avatar
jwilkstn
500 Club
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:01 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71
Location: The hills of Southern Middle Tennessee
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby jwilkstn » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:52 pm

That is nuts!
Not all those who wander are lost...
User avatar
greenhorndave
500 Club
Posts: 9894
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Bobcat climbs tree - video

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:59 pm

Went from “oh wow, how cool!” to “oh crap!” real fast. :lol:
——-
Please give Brandon encouragement on his activities


  • Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest