Any Unique finds to share?

Discussion about shed antlers, etc
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigburner

Re: Any Unique finds to share?

Unread postby Bigburner » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:31 pm

This by far is one of the craziest things I’ve come across in the woods. Only thing I can figure is he was rubbing on this standing dead pine at some point and based on the characteristics of that rack he got himself stuck. There was just enough room and flex to his antlers where he would have
Been able to pop the tree in between his antlers with some force. Once he realized he couldn’t get himself loose the struggle resulted in the tree breaking and left him pinned Im guessing?There was a lot of tree length ahead and behind him and slipping out of there wasn’t something he was gonna figure out. Sucks because he would have definitely suffered a long drawn out death most likely by starvation. Any other theories will be entertained :confusion-shrug:
A6FFF91F-60E7-4BAF-B8A3-4DFB9DFA3139.jpeg

068F43A8-9DAB-44CD-9C50-F1FABFA8C5AC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Stretch

Unread postby Stretch » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:35 am

I find it odd that his nose is facing the top of the tree, if your theory is correct i wonder how this could happen.
"Let's go brandon, i agree" JOE BIDEN
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:58 am

Stretch wrote:I find it odd that his nose is facing the top of the tree, if your theory is correct i wonder how this could happen.

Yep thought about that too. We had a crazy ice storm last January and had tons of trees go down. And the only other thing I thought was that he was bedded there that snag fell on him just right. Whatever happened was a freak occurrence. All I know that it was wild when I walked up on it. I’ve seen some crazy stuff in nature. That one was up there.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:21 am

Bigburner wrote:
Stretch wrote:I find it odd that his nose is facing the top of the tree, if your theory is correct i wonder how this could happen.

Yep thought about that too. We had a crazy ice storm last January and had tons of trees go down. And the only other thing I thought was that he was bedded there that snag fell on him just right. Whatever happened was a freak occurrence. All I know that it was wild when I walked up on it. I’ve seen some crazy stuff in nature. That one was up there.

That's :shock: :shock:

Heck of a buck, and a bad way to die.
Chad Gus 715

Unread postby Chad Gus 715 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:24 am

Found this home made boat on some public near me. The guy used it to cross the river when it was high. A good 3/4 of a mile from the road.
Screenshot_20230223-101850_Photos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
equal opportunity hunter
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:40 am

Screenshot_20230223-153950_onX Hunt.jpg

Found this out in a marsh :lol:
KRONIIK
500 Club

Unread postby KRONIIK » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:08 am

Bigburner wrote:

I think it fell on him and probably broke his neck in the process; that fragile pine bark doesn't look to me as if he fought it at all.
I also think he'd have about dug a bathtub-sized hole in the dirt and leaves fighting to get free, but it looks undisturbed .

Either way- a heck of a find; thanks for sharing!
Noreast10pt
500 Club

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:21 am

20181123_101915.jpg

A few years ago I found the slow beaver.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:32 am

greenhorndave wrote:Nickname him Neegan

Lol
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:13 pm

Found a hammock in a small patch of woods I hunted....a 1.5yo buck got his antlers tangled in it and suffered a long miserable death I'm sure. I couldn't believe I didn't see or hear it. I turned the coondog loose in that piece regularly.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:04 pm

Noreast10pt wrote:20181123_101915.jpg

A few years ago I found the slow beaver.

I’ve seen more than a few of those pics over the years. Betting that happens way more than we think. Busy As A Beaver is a dangerous job. :o

• Advertisement

Return to “Shed Antler”