Fresh roadkill

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Uncle Lou
Moderator
Posts: 9394
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Holly, MI
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Fresh roadkill

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:09 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:Yes, especially if I know how fresh it is.

Ditto, I'm not proud, but I AM FAT


Aww, Ed your not fat. Who said that to you?


Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
User avatar
Edcyclopedia
Posts: 12050
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: S. NH
Status: Offline

Re: Fresh roadkill

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:
Edcyclopedia wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:Yes, especially if I know how fresh it is.

Ditto, I'm not proud, but I AM FAT


Aww, Ed your not fat. Who said that to you?

I am husky
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
User avatar
wjung
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:08 am
Status: Offline

Re: Fresh roadkill

Unread postby wjung » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:40 pm

I've picked up a few that were fresh in the past. One was right outside work, a small buck had gotten hit right before I got in. I drug it into the woods, gutted it out, brought it into the warehouse,hung it up on the forklift and cleaned it up right away. We had fresh tenderloin on the grill for lunch :D One year in October I had a grouse fly into the side of my car and break it's neck. I turned around and picked it up, brought it home and had that on the grill. I remember I had spent the previous weekend hunting them with no luck, and I told my wife I wasn't going to let that one go to waste!!
User avatar
Jrdeerhuntr
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Fresh roadkill

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:11 pm

Wife called me last Jan on her way to work. Was still warm when I gutted him and he only got hit in the head. Mother in law still gives us crap for pick it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Bonecrusher101
500 Club
Posts: 2158
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:09 am
Location: West TN
Status: Offline

Re: Fresh roadkill

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:13 pm

Jrdeerhuntr wrote:Wife called me last Jan on her way to work. Was still warm when I gutted him and he only got hit in the head. Mother in law still gives us crap for pick it up.


That’s a nice one.
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
User avatar
Jrdeerhuntr
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Fresh roadkill

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:07 am

Bonecrusher101 wrote:
Jrdeerhuntr wrote:Wife called me last Jan on her way to work. Was still warm when I gutted him and he only got hit in the head. Mother in law still gives us crap for pick it up.


That’s a nice one.



He was a city deer - 60 pounds of free meat


  • Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DALEJ, Southern Buck and 15 guests