Your Dream buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
User avatar
Noreast10pt
500 Club
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:17 pm
Location: South Dakota
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Noreast10pt » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Something like this.

$_1.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


User avatar
Edcyclopedia
Posts: 11984
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: S. NH
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Right now it's the next one over 120 gross form NH
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
User avatar
Tsom
500 Club
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 am
Location: So. NH
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Tsom » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:43 pm

200 Lb plus mature buck while tracking. Rack not too important but both horns on his head anyway. I like me some good bed hunting but tracking gets me going!
iowa whitetail
500 Club
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:07 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby iowa whitetail » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm

World record typical. Sounds crazy but I passed one several times a few years ago that I believe would have beat the record the next year but never seen him again.
tim
500 Club
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 am
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby tim » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:19 pm

iowa whitetail wrote:World record typical. Sounds crazy but I passed one several times a few years ago that I believe would have beat the record the next year but never seen him again.

Years back I seen a perfect typical 7x7 from the road on a property my buddy could hunt in Illinois. He never seen the deer. I tried to be conservative with its score and I kept coming up with what I thought would be around 210. Was unbelievable.
iowa whitetail
500 Club
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:07 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby iowa whitetail » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:23 pm

tim wrote:
iowa whitetail wrote:World record typical. Sounds crazy but I passed one several times a few years ago that I believe would have beat the record the next year but never seen him again.

Years back I seen a perfect typical 7x7 from the road on a property my buddy could hunt in Illinois. He never seen the deer. I tried to be conservative with its score and I kept coming up with what I thought would be around 210. Was unbelievable.

They come around about once in a life time. My once is gone lol. It's pretty cool to be able to witness though!! I would have regrets if I would have shot him but have none that I passed him. Absolute baby giant! This one was a 7x7 also, I think I'd have to go back and look at pics.
jman22
500 Club
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:42 am
Location: CNY
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby jman22 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:36 pm

My dream buck would be a NY deer that grosses 160s.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 318
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:20 am
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby muskieman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:38 pm

I got him 2 years ago. 166 inch ten. Would like to get a 8 that scores 150 plus
User avatar
elk yinzer
500 Club
Posts: 1222
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:39 am
Location: Central PA
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby elk yinzer » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:47 pm

With virtually no shot a booner in this part of the world, a big tall heavy 140ish perfectly symmetrical 8 is mine. Mass and palmation really get me going. As a critique of the scoring systems, the dumbest is the air between, wide doesn't do it for me. Bucks should get credit for what they grow not air. NTs aren't really my jam either I like the symmetry of big typicals. But I sure as ain't passing them up!
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
User avatar
Twenty Up
500 Club
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:06 pm
Location: Dirty South
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Twenty Up » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Wide, heavy mass, chocolate racked 6pt
Trust the Process
tim
500 Club
Posts: 2570
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 am
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby tim » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:46 am

iowa whitetail wrote:
tim wrote:
iowa whitetail wrote:World record typical. Sounds crazy but I passed one several times a few years ago that I believe would have beat the record the next year but never seen him again.

Years back I seen a perfect typical 7x7 from the road on a property my buddy could hunt in Illinois. He never seen the deer. I tried to be conservative with its score and I kept coming up with what I thought would be around 210. Was unbelievable.

They come around about once in a life time. My once is gone lol. It's pretty cool to be able to witness though!! I would have regrets if I would have shot him but have none that I passed him. Absolute baby giant! This one was a 7x7 also, I think I'd have to go back and look at pics.

Yeah they don’t come around too often that size. What sucks is I usually kept a video camera in my car and didn’t have it with me that night. He was in a bachelor group of 5 and the buck next to him was a 170 typical and almost looked spindly cause the 7x7 carried so much mass
User avatar
Wlog
500 Club
Posts: 3326
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Eastern Shore MD
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:43 am

Years ago I seen this buck in a butcher shop when I was dropping my deer off. I’m sure it didn’t score great but it was the most memorable deer I’ve ever seen. This thing had a gigantic head and big heavy main beams about the size of my wrist all the way out to the ends that just looked like clubs. I didn’t measure or anything but the rack was 2 ft wide minimum. The times weren’t extremely long or anything but that deer was just massive. I’d love to find one like that to go after. I don’t care if I kill it. Just the thrill of going after one like that would be great.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
User avatar
Edcyclopedia
Posts: 11984
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm
Location: S. NH
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:05 am

Not to turn this into a moment, but...

Honestly - now that I'm a few weeks away from 53 and the most stressful year of my life - I wish for harmony more than anything, when I stare at the stars...

God Bless and a better 2020 for all! :pray:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Josh_S
500 Club
Posts: 844
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:30 am
Location: western PA
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Josh_S » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:13 am

My dream buck would be more "how and where" than "what" I kill. My dream buck would best be described as a northcentral PA mature non-typical deep big woods buck that has not been seen by another human, taken with a traditional bow within 20 yds from the ground while set up in natural cover.
User avatar
Hawthorne
500 Club
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:13 pm
Location: michigan
Status: Offline

Re: Your Dream buck

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:39 am

A mature buck from some far away rugged terrain. Could be northern mi or southern Ohio. Score wouldn’t matter that much to me has long has it’s mature


  • Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests