What shoulder straps and waist support for stand?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

brkissl82
500 Club

Re: What shoulder straps and waist support for stand?

Unread postby brkissl82 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:27 pm

I do. I've had the waistbelt and liked it so bought the shoulder straps. First thoughts are it's to bulky and to msny buckles. But I'm going to give it a shot. Got the top velcro straps on. They seem a little noisy but. But I cant figure out for the life of me how to properly attach the bottom.

isitseasonyet?
500 Club

Unread postby isitseasonyet? » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:14 am

brkissl82 wrote:I do. I've had the waistbelt and liked it so bought the shoulder straps. First thoughts are it's to bulky and to msny buckles. But I'm going to give it a shot. Got the top velcro straps on. They seem a little noisy but. But I cant figure out for the life of me how to properly attach the bottom.

The Molle system has a whole bunch of “loops” I cut off all of the buckles on the back side, where you would attach to the stand. Leaving only those loops. I then ran zip ties through a loop and then around a “line” on the stand. This went for both the shoulder straps and the waist belt.

If you are talking about the bottom part of the shoulder strap. Like the part you can adjust just like a backpack strap with a male plastic piece for adjustment. One side of that bottom strap should have a loop at the end. Take the loop. And either go around a line on your stand and then put the buckle back through the loop so it tightens up on the stand. Then put the buckle back into the female part of the buckle attached to the padded shoulder straps. Or take the loop on the strap. Feed it through a loop near the back of your waist belt and do the same thing described above put the male plastic end end back through the loop and put it back in the buckle.

Let me know if you need pictures. I can take some after work.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 am

brkissl82 wrote:I must be an idiot because I cant even figure out how to attach the bottom part of the straps

What stand are you attaching it to?

The picture below will give you a good idea on how I attached the straps and waist belt to my Summit. If you click on the picture you can zoom in.

As IsItSeasonYet said I cut off a lot of extra stuff. No sense carrying more than you need.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
trob_205
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertstravisj

Unread postby trob_205 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:16 am

So i found a backpack type pack that I had never used laying around. I removed the bag then performed some surgery to get the clips in the right places and removed some unwanted Velcro and extra clips. This is pretty dang comfy with just a t-shirt on. And it packs away quite nice for anyone worried about hunting profile. Probably going to give this a fair shake before I ordering an XOP TTS. I’ll shake it out a couple times in the yard and if I despise the belt running through the platform when on stand. I’ll 550 cord it to the bottom-side, but the option for easy removal seems pretty nice.
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:04 am

trob_205 wrote:So i found a backpack type pack that I had never used laying around. I removed the bag then performed some surgery to get the clips in the right places and removed some unwanted Velcro and extra clips. This is pretty dang comfy with just a t-shirt on. And it packs away quite nice for anyone worried about hunting profile. Probably going to give this a fair shake before I ordering an XOP TTS. I’ll shake it out a couple times in the yard and if I despise the belt running through the platform when on stand. I’ll 550 cord it to the bottom-side, but the option for easy removal seems pretty nice.

I would definitely adjust it. The way you have the waist belt on won’t work properly to transfer the weight to your hips. Plus with the webbing right up against your back like that will rub you raw.

You might want to make an adjustment sooner rather than later.

JMO

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
trob_205
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertstravisj

Unread postby trob_205 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:27 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:
trob_205 wrote:So i found a backpack type pack that I had never used laying around. I removed the bag then performed some surgery to get the clips in the right places and removed some unwanted Velcro and extra clips. This is pretty dang comfy with just a t-shirt on. And it packs away quite nice for anyone worried about hunting profile. Probably going to give this a fair shake before I ordering an XOP TTS. I’ll shake it out a couple times in the yard and if I despise the belt running through the platform when on stand. I’ll 550 cord it to the bottom-side, but the option for easy removal seems pretty nice.

I would definitely adjust it. The way you have the waist belt on won’t work properly to transfer the weight to your hips. Plus with the webbing right up against your back like that will rub you raw.

You might want to make an adjustment sooner rather than later.

JMO

Bob

When I get my 550 cord in I plan to give both a shot, and my main concern was early season with the platform right against my back like you said. I can just use the belt and minus the top wanting to float away from my shoulders the weight fully feels supported on my hips.
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:50 pm

isitseasonyet? wrote:
brkissl82 wrote:I do. I've had the waistbelt and liked it so bought the shoulder straps. First thoughts are it's to bulky and to msny buckles. But I'm going to give it a shot. Got the top velcro straps on. They seem a little noisy but. But I cant figure out for the life of me how to properly attach the bottom.

The Molle system has a whole bunch of “loops” I cut off all of the buckles on the back side, where you would attach to the stand. Leaving only those loops. I then ran zip ties through a loop and then around a “line” on the stand. This went for both the shoulder straps and the waist belt.

If you are talking about the bottom part of the shoulder strap. Like the part you can adjust just like a backpack strap with a male plastic piece for adjustment. One side of that bottom strap should have a loop at the end. Take the loop. And either go around a line on your stand and then put the buckle back through the loop so it tightens up on the stand. Then put the buckle back into the female part of the buckle attached to the padded shoulder straps. Or take the loop on the strap. Feed it through a loop near the back of your waist belt and do the same thing described above put the male plastic end end back through the loop and put it back in the buckle.

Let me know if you need pictures. I can take some after work.

Thanks! The 2 clips were actually loose in the packaging.
I got it all set up. Not sure if I'm crazy about the velcro straps they seem to be a little loud but I'll keep tinkering with it!
ThatsABingo

Unread postby ThatsABingo » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:30 pm

usgi molle back pack shoulder straps have been awesome. you can buy em new on ebay. bought one for my XOP vanish and didn't have to make any cuts or adjustments to install. loved it so much bought another one for my wife's stand. only problem is the chest buckle can be a little noisy taking it on and off.
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:33 pm

I have Molle IIs on all my stands, if you shop around you can get a set for around 12 bucks, best deal out there!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”