Marsh Bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Swamp Donkey

Re: Marsh Bucks

Unread postby Swamp Donkey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Holy Crap! Now I not only have to buy the farmland video when it comes out, but I'll have to get new versions of the other two??? Oh well, sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! I've watched Marsh Bucks and the Hill Country videos about twice a month each since I bought them! I agree these are the best instructional deer hunting videos on the market...all that other stuff is just infomercials with glory shots of fenced deer!!!

DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:08 pm

dan wrote:...It will be interesting to see what they can put together without me and Andrae :lol:

They are..... wait for it............................................... Screwed!!!!!!ImageImageImage
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:18 pm

dan wrote:
Dan, do you have any plans for a farm country video?
Yes... But getting the TV show going is taking priority. Andrae and I have been discussing redoing the marsh bucks & Hill country DVD's to remove my expartners too...

It will be nice not to have to put their web site address on the case too.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 am

wappkid wrote:
Black Squirrel wrote:My wife caught me taking notes while watching it too. She just looked at me, shook her head and said, "Really". :lol: I also got to get another copy of Hill Country, I gave my first copy to a friend, and he won't give it back!

I won't lend mine out.I told my buddies about it and they are like yeah,yeah whatever.So I figure I have given them a chance. Now I won't tell them anymore.They are on their own.You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

I've tried to get my hunting partners to watch it too. Same reaction, funny thing is they think their too good of hunters to learn anything. Oh well. The guy I gave it to, is a land owner and doesn't hunt with me.
huntinfool14
500 Club

Unread postby huntinfool14 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:09 am

these are some great movies...usually what happens is i watch it and then i have to re-watch it over and over a few times just so i can get all the info on it.. and then about a few weeks into scouting season, i have to pull it out again and watch it to refresh my memory :lol:
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:28 am

interesting, that certainly shows when you watch the video :D :D

you have a cool site going here, unlike any other hunting site I have ever visited--I am just glad to be a part of it :D :D

dan wrote:
Nothing against those guys--but they don't seem to contribute that much to the content of those videos. Just my $0.02 :D

Well, there is good reson for that... When we made Marsh bucks Jarrod was invited to be part of BBO because of his editing skills. He had never shot a P&Y at that point, and only hunted in a marsh when I guided him. He insisted on being one of the "pro's" in the DVD :roll: Lee had never hunted marsh at that point either. I layed out the whole DVD, and the only other person to give skilled imput and tactics was Andrae.
Lee had some imput with Hill country, But Jarrod had just started hunting hill county, and both of them only hunted hills on private managed land.
It will be interesting to see what they can put together without me and Andrae :lol:
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:32 am

Dan -

If you redo the video to edit those two out, is there going to be anything new in the video? Am I going to learn more from the new one, or is it gonna still be the same information thats in the original one?

And any word on their new farm country video? I remember you saying you were going to sell it here when they released it.. You said it will suck, but I figure if I can pick up one or two tips from it, it will be worth a watch I suppose..(and it will at least give me some ideas of some things to ask here :mrgreen: )
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:29 am

I have not heard anything about there version of farm bucks Cornfed...
I don't think the content will change much in Marsh bucks other than to add more hunts and maybe answer some of the questions that came up after it was released.
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 pm

dan wrote:I have not heard anything about there version of farm bucks Cornfed...
I don't think the content will change much in Marsh bucks other than to add more hunts and maybe answer some of the questions that came up after it was released.

Gotcha..I might still have to get it just because :mrgreen:

And I would DEFINITELY be interested in a farm country bucks if you ever get the chance..

Good luck with the TV show as well!
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:49 am

I just went through Marsh bucks again were snowed in. I don't even have a comment,which is rare for me. It is extremely well done. I think the thing I liked about it the most iS that I found it so validating. Because when you hunt this it is definitely not the norm and you feel like you're out. This to me represents what goes into a hunt done well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”