Whats up with the 8 pages of Andrae bashing today on Archery

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Whats up with the 8 pages of Andrae bashing today on Arc

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 am

nicko wrote:Part of my passion for hunting is doing it the right way and being a good representative for the sport. Likewise, those who have gained notoriety through hunting and earned a living on the money hunters spend on their products (ie- treestands) should also be good representatives.

This is apparently not important to everybody.

How about instead of going after other hunters who out perform you, go after the that target people like him and get to hide from ridicule by not attaching there name to the ridiculas artical they publish about him.

JJWI

Unread postby JJWI » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 am

The sad truth is, even if Andrae come out with a public statement explaining his side of the story, people will still continue to discredit him. Yes, he was in the wrong for not buying the correct stamps for his license. But does that mean every deer he shot should be investigated? No! There are very few hunters out there that can accomplish what he has done without an outfitter. Anyone who can scout and adapt to different and be successful ON HIS OWN is amazing. Hunting the huge public timber areas of Antigo is totally different to hunting suburb areas in Southern Wi or the farm lands of Central Ill. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, two things that a lot of people don't have now days. I believe Dan once wrote that one of Andrea's dreams were to retire some place were no one knew of him. I think we are starting to see why he made that statement now.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:54 am

nicko wrote:Enjoy your site guys. All I wanted to do was open a dialogue but I am apparently not welcome unless I think they way you do.

You are welcome here but I wish you would post at least once about a different subject besides Andrae. There is so much great info on this site and it's a shame you have to focus on one thing. :? Until I see you participate in other discussions I will think the only reason you are here is to stir the pot so please prove me wrong and let's talk about what we all love to do......HUNT!!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 am

let's talk about what we all love to do......HUNT!!

Great idea Dewey! 8-)
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 am

dan wrote:
nicko wrote:Part of my passion for hunting is doing it the right way and being a good representative for the sport. Likewise, those who have gained notoriety through hunting and earned a living on the money hunters spend on their products (ie- treestands) should also be good representatives.

How about instead of going after other hunters who out perform you, go after the that target people like him and get to hide from ridicule by not attaching there name to the ridiculas artical they publish about him.

You think it's about the size of the deer and I'm jealous??? I don't care about the size of the deer he shoots. Good for him. Good for whoever shoots deer like that. Everybody should be so fortunate to be able to hunt deer of that caliber.

Everybody here wants to explain how Andrae is being unfairly targeted and harassed. If that's the case, then encourage Andrae to speak out. You're saying there is a WCO harassment issue here. That's important stuff and should not be limited to brief mentions on obscure internet chatrooms. It speaks of corruption within the WCOs who are sworn to police us. That's no better than a crooked police officer.

Some good can come out of this whole mess guys. If Andrae is being unfairly harassed and targeted by WCOs, then that is a much larger issue that needs to be addressed within those wildlife agencies.

If you'd rather ignore all this and adopt an out-of-site out-of-mind approach, go ahead. But it won't help Andrae and it won't help put an end to an alleged pattern of harassment and corruption by the WCOs in your area.

I don't care about the size of deer he shoots. I do care about issues that affect all of us as hunters.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 am

nicko wrote:
dan wrote:

You think it's about the size of the deer and I'm jealous??? I don't care about the size of the deer he shoots. Good for him. Good for whoever shoots deer like that. Everybody should be so fortunate to be able to hunt deer of that caliber.

Everybody here wants to explain how Andrae is being unfairly targeted and harassed. If that's the case, then encourage Andrae to speak out. You're saying there is a WCO harassment issue here. That's important stuff and should not be limited to brief mentions on obscure internet chatrooms. It speaks of corruption within the WCOs who are sworn to police us. That's no better than a crooked police officer.

Some good can come out of this whole mess guys. If Andrae is being unfairly harassed and targeted by WCOs, then that is a much larger issue that needs to be addressed within those wildlife agencies.

If you'd rather ignore all this and adopt an out-of-site out-of-mind approach, go ahead. But it won't help Andrae and it won't help put an end to an alleged pattern of harassment and corruption by the WCOs in your area.

I don't care about the size of deer he shoots. I do care about issues that affect all of us as hunters.

Andrae is probably the best judge of how to handle this sitution.
I doubt he want's or need's your advice....

And I doubt your intention was to help hunter's or Andrae....
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 am

dan wrote: How about instead of going after other hunters who out perform you

I'm not defending nicko in any way...but this statement intrigues me. How do you know this is what he's doing?

Nicko could have taken a dozen or so 140"-150" bucks off public land in Arkansas with his bow...which of course, would make Andrae's hunting accomplishment's look pretty mediocre at best.
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 am

Autumn Ninja wrote:
dan wrote: How about instead of going after other hunters who out perform you

I'm not defending nicko in any way...but this statement intrigues me. How do you know this is what he's doing?

Nicko could have taken a dozen or so 140"-150" bucks off public land in Arkansas with his bow...which of course, would make Andrae's hunting accomplishment's look pretty mediocre at best.

I don't care about the size of deer he takes. I DO NOT CARE.
The best buck I've ever taken is a 138" 4.5 year out of Potter County PA. I feel like I hit the lottery with that buck and I wish everybody could get to experience that at least once.

Those who feel that my viewpoints are rooted in jealousy of Andrae's accomplishments are simply making assumptions because they have nothing else to go on and don't like hearing anything negative or critical of somebody they admire. You don't know me any more than I know you.

You guys can ignore this issue all you want. But it's out there and obviously isn't going away unless Andrae is willing to speak out and offer his side on things.

Dan, I don't doubt what you say but you're not Andrae.
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:12 am

nicko wrote:I don't care about the size of deer he takes. I DO NOT CARE.

My statement had nothing to do with you nicko, I was using your name hypotheticly....and I don't care about what Andrae does either....Dan's comment sparked my interest.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:15 am

Hey Nicko, you have alot of nerve to keep posting on here after you bashed this site on AT......

Just my opinion.....

Look's like that post of your's and alot of other's have been deleted and the Andrae thread locked.
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am

I know. Me saying the "I don't care" part was not directed at you. It was more of a general statement. It just didn't translate well.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:21 am

nicko wrote:I know. Me saying the "I don't care" part was not directed at you. It was more of a general statement. It just didn't translate well.

Have a good day... :mrgreen:
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 am

nicko wrote:[Everybody here wants to explain how Andrae is being unfairly targeted and harassed. If that's the case, then encourage Andrae to speak out.

WTf? WHY are you skipping, and/or not comprehending Dan's statements and replies??

He CLEARLY stated that Andrae is seeking a lawsuit against the unknown/unnammed author.

I swear, you pick and choose the words you want to hear more than a 2 year old who wants soda instead of milk.

I invite you to re-read... s-l-o-w-l-y... simply because your ridiculous commments in all of your posts on this thread have ALL READY BEEN ADDRESSED?

And thats why Ill call you a basher again... as I did in my last post. I sure can call em huh??

And then you bash us on AT??? I see a ban coming soon. :mrgreen:
You can't kill em on the couch
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:26 am

Zap wrote:Hey Nicko, you have alot of nerve to keep posting on here after you bashed this site on AT.

Is this true nicko? The beast is one of the best sites on the net period....and Dan is good people!!!
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 am

Zap wrote:Hey Nicko, you have alot of nerve to keep posting on here after you bashed this site on AT......

Just my opinion.....

Look's like that post of your's and alot of other's have been deleted and the Andrae thread locked.

I bashed this site on AT? Where? I simply said I thought I could have an intelligent exchange here. With that in mind, Wappkid doesn't like what I have to say back on page 6 infers I'm a homosexual. That's not my definition of intelligent.

However, since that post, many on here have been willing to have a rational adult dialogue. I thank you for that.

It's apparent my viewpoints are in the minority here and that's OK. I will let this topic die and post no more on it unless somebody feels the need to get some digs in from afar.
But I am interested in hearing something from Andrae regarding this issue.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”