Hypothetical situation

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Spysar
500 Club

Re: Hypothetical situation

Unread postby Spysar » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:57 am

$500,000 would buy me a huge farm somewhere. I could start my own whitetail mecca. That would make me happy till I die. I'm selling... :D

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 am

with some of the big deer andre has put down has he ever been faced with any of these propositions dan?

Also when you sell a mount/rack/antlers do you lose all rights to them? as far as being in commercials and magazines and stuff advertising your deer?

And finally in the state of WI isn't it illegal to sell any deer you shoot?

I'd sell by the way. I agree its just money and you can always make more but 500k is a pretty sweet jumpstart on all the awesome things I want to do but can't afford in this life. Plus I'd need the payout money just to afford to get the thing mounted. :lol:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:39 am

with some of the big deer andre has put down has he ever been faced with any of these propositions dan?

None of his deer are big enough to bring in any real money. I have never asked his opinion on selling. But he has made replicas of his booners and has mounts at both of his homes.

Also when you sell a mount/rack/antlers do you lose all rights to them? as far as being in commercials and magazines and stuff advertising your deer?

Depends on the contract you sign. Most allow some limited rights to the hunter like in magazine articles about the hunt.
Like anything else one must be carful of what he signs.

And finally in the state of WI isn't it illegal to sell any deer you shoot?
No... Its not illeagle to sell racks, capes, or mounts. Its illeagle to sell wild meat.
PASwamper

Unread postby PASwamper » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:13 am

I'd also sell in a heartbeat. As long as I had a replica and I new where the real thing would be anytime I wanted to see it. If I was really well off financially my decission would probably change though.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:11 am

muddy wrote:
Dewey wrote:I'm with Milo Hanson and not selling my World Record. I might accept money for appearances but as far as putting the original mount in somebody elses hands it's not going to happen.
Call me stupid for not taking a large sum of money but I guess I am just stubborn that way and stand up for what I believe in.

Hey, I can respect that, no questions asked. In your situation I'd talk to the best house security I could find and ask them for an endorsement after they wire your joint top to bottom!

Security system has already been installed.........
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:29 pm

SELL!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Is a Frog's watertight :lol:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:13 am

OK, in the other post I said I would keep them, but since we are throwing ridiculous numbers around, 500K I'd sure have to think about it :?

I had probably my one last chance to get out and get it done for the year last night, nothing. Another year with out one. As I was freezing my off in my stand with 20 mph winds howling down my neck, I thought about questions like this. Was I out there for the love of the outdoors? The love of the sport? Cause maybe I'm not all there? To sink an arrow into a giant buck?...Yes...Was I out there for the money?...no. Like I said before, me and big bucks come by rarely...even with all the helpful tips from this site. It would be very hard for me to sell.

Even if you have a replica made does that make someone not break into your house trying to steal a big buck?

I know Dan said he'd give his deer up for display for free, but as long as we're talking about selling your deer,your passion for most folks on here, how much would you sell them for? $5000? $2000? $1000? $500?
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 am

I'm seeling, as long as a replica is provided, at about any price to a buyer who will display the rack in public.

Seems odd even thinking about this, as I can't imanage every shooting a buck big enough for this to happen :lol: , but I'm going for the green backs. The way I look at it, if legal, why not?

What if someone offered $500.00 per leg, and $1000.00 for the tail and you can still keep the meat, rack and hide for a shoulder mount? Still not selling?

If selling gal bladders in black bear were legal, you wouldn't do it after shooting a bear? Some out there shoot the bear for the sole purpose of the gall bladder, but a genuine hunter isn't hunting bear for the gall bladder, it's just a nice by product to make a few extra bucks. Still wouldn't sell if legal? :?
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 am

may be a strange question or something everyone knows but what is the value in a bear's gall bladder? :?:

I too would be quick to sell. That's a whole lot of money to support my hunting addiction and get out after another trophy
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Nortwoods

Unread postby Nortwoods » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 am

Sold!!, If my wife caught word that I was offered 500K for the antlers and I did not sell them, I would be dead.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”