Anyone have any land plans for the off-season?

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Anyone have any land plans for the off-season?

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:48 pm

I know majority of the guys on here love hunting the public land, some have no choice, others prefer it but I know there are some private land guys too. Was wondering who on here is already scheming for the off season? I know I am constantly dreaming of ways to better the land, work in food sources and provide some thick nasty cover. Found out after family meeting today the land we hunt is most likely to be divided and sold but a handful of the ppl my grandpa, and his 2 sisters, are keeping a corner 40 acre piece across a town road from 280acres of pretty awesome paper mill land. The 40 we are keeping was planted for xmas trees yrs ago and never harvested and is now an over grown jack pine plantation. Did I mention they planted the wrong trees for christmas trees? lol Anyways there are a lot of wide open spaces and instead of incorporating some thick brush/vegetation we are going to try to plant the out of the place. I will post pics if I can figure out how. Anyhow there is no agriculture near us for MILES and any crops we can get in will be an awesome early and late season draw when the baiters aren't out in force. I am jacked to get working and hope everyone else is in the same boat. These are my off season plans hopefully it comes together...what are yours?

"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”