Warm weather

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
BigRed

Warm weather

Unread postby BigRed » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:59 am

Its going to be near 60 this weekend here. Besides hunting near water, anybody got any tips for warm weather during the rut? We had the same deal last year, and it wasnt real easy so any pointers would be greatly appreciates.

headgear
500 Club

Re: Warm weather

Unread postby headgear » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:10 am

My only advice is to hunt harder. I remember one MN rifle season a while back it was 70 out at high noon, everyone was at the shack enjoying a cool one and my dad shot a nice 8 right at noon. That was the start of my all-day mid-day buck movement education.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:12 am

Make sure you hunt mornings for sure since this will be the coolest part of the day and activity will be the best. But during the rut anything goes and 60 degrees is warm but not enough to shut everything down like we had a few years back when it was in the upper 70's during this week.
BigRed

Unread postby BigRed » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:22 am

Yeah we will be hittin it hard the next few days, ive learned my lesson years ago about quittin early. Its gun season startin tommorrow, so i might try a little creapin if its gets slow. Either way this next week is the highlight of my year, got 6 days off and will be lookin forward to every minute regardless.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”