Rain stinks!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Chasman

Rain stinks!

Unread postby Chasman » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:46 pm

I hate this rain. Finally get weekend to hunt and now this weather. How do you stop yourself from hunting when conditions are not right? I try be positive but luck and time keep slipping away.

Dewey

Re: Rain stinks!

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Chasman wrote:I hate this rain. Finally get weekend to hunt and now this weather. How do you stop yourself from hunting when conditions are not right? I try be positive but luck and time keep slipping away.

Keep at it and try to keep a positive attitude. I always tell myself every day I go out that this is the day I will score on a monster buck.
The rain is not all bad if you have good rain gear as long as it is not a very heavy rain. I have had some very good days during a light rain.
Otherwise get out and do some in-season scouting since your scent will be washed away. Yesterday it seemed like the deer sign exploded from just a few days ago.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 am

Rain for a couple days is awesome this time of year. Kmocks leaves down, quiets the leaves down that r already on ground, and bucks POUND scrapes right after rain.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 am

I was told once by a very good friend, "every 5 minutes, it's a brand new hunt"!!!!! Rain is a great time to move stands, hang stands, scout, scout, scout!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”