Shining last night was incredible

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Shining last night was incredible

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:07 am

Hey guys maybe I should have put this thread in scouting but I just wanted to say that I saw alot of "new big boys" out and about Ive never seen before last night. Within a 1 sq. mile we saw 11 pope young bucks+. Including the biggest buck my brother and I have ever seen! It looked like a half moon last night. Just wondering whats up with this spurt of activity. I noticed alot of groups that were two bucks together. The giant was hanging around with a 2.5 or 3.5 year old then they both worked the same scrape. Noticed that the doe groups I saw had a buck right on their tail. Obviously this doesnt mean the rut is in swing I think they are just starting to become more curious of the opposite sex as we lose daylight.

My overall question is: Whats with the spurt of activity last night? What caused it you think?

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Re: Shining last night was incredible

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 am

Cool nights - it's that time of the year - and the moon says good movement early. Just my .02
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:20 am

My buddy watched 6 bucks grouped up last night... They cut two adjacent cornfields and he's lucky enough to be between them. Maybe crops getting knocked down has them moving, or maybe it's the close proximity to the Moon under/overfoot.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:00 am

On two separate occasions I have seen groups of 5 or 6 mature bucks together right around the middle of Oct. The best I can figure is they hang out with other mature buck for safety and to establish dominance among the area bucks befor the rut shows up. I have to imagine they will be heading out on their own soon.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:27 am

I predict Holloween weekend some nice mature Beastly Bucks will take some dirt naps!!!! And some of them will be from members here!!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 am

BigHills BuckHunter wrote:...I saw alot of "new big boys" out and about Ive never seen before last night. Within a 1 sq. mile we saw 11 pope young bucks+...

I want to hunt with you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Good luck!
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
James
ProStaff

Unread postby James » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:34 am

I was going to post the same thing about Wednesday evening. Shining was incredible with deer out in the fields bigtime. I knew some of the deer in the back of the fields were big boys but the only confirmed decent buck was a 2yo 8 point that was standing right by the road.
Cash 18

Unread postby Cash 18 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:55 am

Yes it was, I saw 5 big bucks last night including one that i just got on camera this last week. It was an awesome night of shining and this was within one mile
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:53 am

Hopefully shining tonight goes well too. Did the charts say tonight is supposed to be good for movement?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”