Mobile or stand rotation?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.

Are you more Mobile? or rotational?

Mobile
58%
Rotational
13%
50/50
29%

Total votes: 279
mspaci

Re: Mobile or stand rotation?

Unread postby mspaci » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:45 pm

O voted 50/50 because I will use some of the same trees year to year. I dont leave stands though & only hunt a tree 1-2 times a year. We do have set stands on my buddies 90 acres. Mike

IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:49 pm

I put 50/50 for the same reasons as above. Although I am run-n-gunning this year.... I have already found a tree that I will be hunting again. Just on the outskirts of doe bedding, and so thick I know I'll be the only one there.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
vermonthunter16
500 Club

Unread postby vermonthunter16 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:59 pm

I am 100% Mobile as of last year, it's so nice to be able to walk into an area and you can sit the same tree, or move over a few tree's depending on sign, I think being able to set up on a whim is more convenient and I have more confidence than in pre set stands.
-Rick
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:04 am

During the pre rut and rut I have stands that I prefer to hunt and produce. I have two stands one I set and hang on fresh sign and hunt same day. If I don't see anything, I'll leave and give it a crack again because of the sign. My lone wolf is always in the car as well. 95% of the time I take my lone wolf and it comes down with me every sit. I just started using the other stand and it's helped immensely when sitting observation stands and then to move in for the kill. Also for pre rut/rut. Many times I'll take the other stand down and hide it off in the nearby bushes when I know I'm coming back and I need more info on an area. Helps me on those long hauls back to secluded spots. But I like to move sets even if it's 40-50 yards, I just inch closer and try to close the gap. So even though it's same area it's a fresh sit in that tree. Once sign goes cold or I know the deer has relocated I'm on to the next location.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:52 am

I pre-prep 90% of my spots in the off-season. And 100% of the time I'm sitting in my Helium w/sticks in one of those spots. 10% are total new spots unprepped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
megwan

Unread postby megwan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:16 am

I have a few comfy permanent stands for the rut, but don't seem to use them much anymore since finding the beast. I almost always have either my sit and climb or xop and sticks. I let my buddies have at my other stands now a days.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Hooks1

Unread postby Hooks1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:31 pm

I have hunted mobile since 1962.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”