bumping and dumping ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Re: bumping and dumping ?

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:52 am

Wrinkleneck wrote:
Mountain Man wrote:
dan wrote:Andrae told me the other day that he would be willing to come on the site once a week or so and answer questions personally if we create an "Ask Andrae" thread... Probably won't start till after hunting season though.

That would be awesome!

X2
Hard to make this place any better, but that for sure would be an added bonus ;)

I don't think there are two better big buck experts then Dan himself and Andrae. 8-) it would be an awesome addition to an already great site if we got an "Ask Andrae" section.

cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm

I know this is an old topic, but I just found it and have a question about it..

Dont bucks return to their bed while its still dark? Or do usually return after first light?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 pm

cornfedkiller wrote:I know this is an old topic, but I just found it and have a question about it..

Dont bucks return to their bed while its still dark? Or do usually return after first light?

Depends on a few factors... Moon phase and weather play a big role in bedroom arrivals... Moon directly above or below foot in the 1st couple hours of daylight will be a day that should put bucks back to bed in daylight time. Rain and wind all evening till late in the night breaking sometime during the night to calm, will also bring the bucks back to bed in daylight... Starting about this time of year thru the 1st couple weeks of November will also start bringing bucks back to bed in daylight as the progression of rut happens.
But yes, early season and late season most of the time outside of weather and moon, they arrive and bed under the cover of darkness.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”