Glow Knocks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Glow Knocks

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Does anyone think that glow knocks help a deer duck the string? My eye sight is going and I am entertaining the idea of getting glow knocks to help me see where I hit while hunting.

solocam88
500 Club

Re: Glow Knocks

Unread postby solocam88 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:23 pm

I haven't had any problem with that, I would recommend them.
tresleggos

Unread postby tresleggos » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:19 pm

i doubt a deer would pick up that light unless it was a 50 plus yard shot, i love um esp. since i video my hunts
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:12 am

I am in close quarters when I take a shot so I don't use them because I don't want them spotting me before I can shoot. I often have non target deer with in 10 yards and I don't want them sounding the alarm either. As long as you don't have deer up close and personal I think they might be pretty cool to use. I can't see a deer jumping the string because they see it coming though.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:59 am

Lighted nocks are not designed to lite up before the shot, therefore non-target deer would not be alarmed by them. As for target deer seeing them in flight and reacting, very improbable no matter the distance.

Use them if you like, they will not affect the deer. I use them all the time for video purposes as well as shot placement.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:40 am

lungbuster wrote:Lighted nocks are not designed to lite up before the shot, therefore non-target deer would not be alarmed by them...

I think he is talking about the glow in the dark nocks that you can charge with your flashlight, not the battery powered lighted nocks.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:32 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
lungbuster wrote:Lighted nocks are not designed to lite up before the shot, therefore non-target deer would not be alarmed by them...

I think he is talking about the glow in the dark nocks that you can charge with your flashlight, not the battery powered lighted nocks.

Didn't know there was such a thing, why would you want nocks that glowed in the dark?
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:55 am

lungbuster wrote:...why would you want nocks that glowed in the dark?

I assume it's because they are a lot cheaper. Flex Fletch is now making glow vanes too. :o

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Unread postby RUTIN » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:25 am

Would was your time with recharge nocks, but as far as lumenocks, tracers, or nockturnals, i very highly doubt they see it. Deer focus off sounds and smell, plus the nock is at the back end of the arrow projecting light towards you not them, thee ole lung cutter facing them. Your call either way, i love them for exact shot placement playback on video
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:18 am

RUTIN wrote:Would was your time with recharge nocks, but as far as lumenocks, tracers, or nockturnals, i very highly doubt they see it. Deer focus off sounds and smell, plus the nock is at the back end of the arrow projecting light towards you not them, thee ole lung cutter facing them. Your call either way, i love them for exact shot placement playback on video

X2
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Thanks for all the input. I would have to agree with everyone that they don't assist a deer in jumping the string. I think I will use them this year, that way if it is a marginal hit I can see where it hit and adjust my tracking to the type of hit.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”