Navarino

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
DropTyne
500 Club

Navarino

Unread postby DropTyne » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:37 pm

Anyone know anything about the Navarino marsh area? Good size bucks? Bowhunting pressure? I might try this one out this fall. Any info helps.

DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Re: Navarino

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:52 am

Great for grouse and woodcock. Very thick and sometimes extremely boggy and wet... In my opinion, BIG bucks should live within!
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:03 am

I've been out there once, just to drive around all the roads. Didn't wear out any boot leather yet. It is huge, I suspect there are some good bucks in there as well. Just need to break it down into smaller sections, based on maps, and jump in. I have contacted the DNR manager about it and they said, there is not a lot of bowhunters out there. But I think it gets hit pretty hard by other hunters. There is a closed waterfowl. section, that nobody can hunt during the early season, I think it opens up for late season bow.
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:31 am

My buddy used to hunt here. There are some really nice bucks in there, but as anywhere, they do not come easy.He has seen some giants from what he tells me.....I will talk to him and see if he sugests anywhere to start. He no longer lives up that way so he should be willing to divulge some info...
An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:37 am

i've taken a few deer out of this area, mostly does and small bucks but there are some big boys around. i like how the terrain changes so often, so you can pick from many different places to hunt. on many occasions i saw/heard other hunters so it gets enough pressure, mostly from waterfowlers and small game hunters though. try to hunt during the week, or in the morning..just watch out for wolves, its known to have a few in there
When better is possible, good is never good enough
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:30 am

My Dad and uncles have been hunting there since the mid 1970's and have taken many deer there. My buddy saw like 10 bucks in 2 sits there early season in 2008. A few were in the 130 class which is a true trophy anywhere imo! Lots of MARSH but lots of oak surrounding the marsh plus private farms. there are monsters in there! My dad shot a 100 class 8 pointer two years ago during muzzleloader season! Great turkey hunting too! I would agree you should hunt there during the week! I would definately check it out! Oh by the way my buddy couldn't shoot any of those bucks because he had to shoot a doe first :roll: He later shot a 138 inch ten point in November at 230pm when it was 75 degrees out! You just never know ;)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”