Who is still hunting?

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: Who is still hunting?

Unread postby Dor » Thu May 27, 2010 11:51 am

Tomorrow is last day in MN....gonna give it one last hooray

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Sat May 29, 2010 6:51 am

Just finished up my 2010 turkey season this morning. Had to be out of the woods at 9. Had some awesome gobbler action this morning but closest I could get the boss was about 60 yards. I called him in from over 400 so I guess I couldn't ask him for any more. Had birds working every time I hunted this year. My son got his first bird, I was able to call and film for a disabled vet buddy of mine, and I got a bird as well. Very good year and alot of learning this spring. Only bad part was my goal was to shoot one with the bow and Bullheads, second day I hunted got my shot and chest punched him with the Bullheads, no kill! I went and bought a shotgun license after that. So the goal of killing one with the bow this year slipped by but strengthened up freindships, made new freinds, and spent some awesome time with my oldest son. I love turkey hunting my aproach is much more enjoyable, and layed back then deer.
You can take a Yooper out of the U.P., but you cant take the U.P. out of the Yooper. www.droptineproductions.net
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun May 30, 2010 2:19 am

My 13 year old nephew showed up last night around 11:30 with his little bro and mom (and Jack dog came to visit my pack). We stayed up late so I let him sleep in this morning.

He has the late tag so we will see if we can handle the mosquitoes and get lucky once more. They leave Sunday afternoon and our season ends May 31.
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”