trimmed logging roads

Post topo’s and Aerial photos for free advice. Food plotting, land manipulation, water holes, ect.
tim
500 Club

trimmed logging roads

Unread postby tim » Tue May 04, 2010 8:32 am

i spent saturday on my land trimming logging roads and cutting up fallen trees in the logging roads. i do this annually to keep these roads in good shape. does anybody else do this? it was a beautiful day. i unbelievably did not see one tick! i thought for sure we would all be loaded with ticks. the weather was perfect. i also put out a camera since i was up. i normally wait till june but since i was up thought id put one out. i went and looked at the watering hole/pond. not a lot of water but enough for drinking and it was dry around it so hard to see a lot of tracks but there was one set that i measured 4 fingers wide and just as long. season will be here before long.........

hunt n nut
500 Club

Re: trimmed logging roads

Unread postby hunt n nut » Tue May 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Hey tim, sounds like they're not gettin' much rain there? Kinda anxious to see my waterholes start getting filled too. Did you see or hear any turkey's around there? We are headed down this weekend with our extra turkey tags in hand and to work on the food plot.

When I had my land up north, I used to try keep the roads cleared up, to both keep sunlight for the clover I had planted on them and to keep them dry, it actually used to rain up there.

Good luck with the camera, hopefully you get a pic of that four finger deer (buck).
tim
500 Club

Re: trimmed logging roads

Unread postby tim » Wed May 05, 2010 7:17 am

hey nut, the second we got near the woods the turkeys were doing there thing, but after i fired up the equipment i couldnt hear a thing, so i think its going on right now up there. im not sure why i still dont turkey hunt? last year we had some good summer rains that put water in the pond and that lasted. im glad its there now though cause we should get some good spring rains. yeah im hoping eventually to get more cameras out once the antler development is farther along.theres is one certain freak buck im hoping shows up that walked into my life for about 2 weeks then never seen him again on camera. im hoping he is alive. it seemed he hung out till the oats on that field were harvested then vanished. keep me posted on your waterholes.

• Advertisement

Return to “Land Management”