Africa Hunting

Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, African Game, ect. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

EASafaris

Africa Hunting

Unread postby EASafaris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:00 am

Have anybody hunted in South Africa or Africa. And what kind of animals did you hunt? Will you like to return to South Africa to hunt again or would you like to look for a good priced EXPERIENCE?

ramblinman

Re: Africa Hunting

Unread postby ramblinman » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:30 pm

My brother and I hunted up there in August 2006. Spent two weeks in South Africa and then went up to Limpopo and ended our trip in Zimbabwa. What an experience!! I will post some pictures as soon as I put them in photobucket tonight.

Steve
ramblinman

Unread postby ramblinman » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

[img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/ramblinmanrocco/DSC00297.jpg[/img%20[img]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/ramblinmanrocco/DSC00396.jpg[/img]ImageImageImageImageImage
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Nice pics, I am JEALOUS!!!!!!

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
ramblinman

Unread postby ramblinman » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:24 pm

ImageImageImage
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Awesome pic's :o
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time!!

(Yeah...I'm kind of jealous!) :oops:
ramblinman

Unread postby ramblinman » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks Had a blast. My brother had planned the trip. i shot a few animals, but my brother was trigger happy. I quess he new what he wanted. Thanks to him I was able to go with and also did alot of filming on his animals. I'll post some pictures of the camps we stayed in later. I'm missing USA and CANADA hockey game and She wants the computer 20 minutes ago.
EASafaris

Unread postby EASafaris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:00 pm

Wow you guys realy had an Excellent trip! And that is what people miss understand about hunting and hunting in Africa is that it is an EXPERIENCE of a lifetime and that is what will you want to come back for more!! Everybody can see you had a great trip from the fotos but without being in here to experience it .... it is just not the same! You must tell me if you want to come again!I am a Outfitter and can get you hunting form South Africa to Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia and Botswana all depends what you looking for! I also can do some fishing for some Bronze Whalers in Namibia so it can only be GREAT!

I have some specials on my website if you guys like to check it out!!! Luv to have some people with passion for hunting to come and visit me!!!!
www.easafaris.co.za
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:18 am

Now this is my Dream Hunt. I would love to be able to hunt Africa and experience that continent. I would be just as happy to "hunt" it with a camera as with a weapon!!!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Looks like an awesome hunt!!!!!
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:39 pm

Amazing hunt!!!
Great to be able to see that.
Thanks for sharing.
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:41 pm

That looks like it would be a of a good time. 8-)
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:19 am

Ive had the good fortune to hunt in Africa three times. Twice in South Africa and once in Nambia. South Africa has a wider variety of species but Namibia is wilder and much less populated. It used to be the best bang for the buck as far as hunting goes, and it probably still is, but costs are increasing. I did all three of my trips for about $7000 each not counting getting animals back to the states and not counting taxidermy. The best way to make it there is to book with a reputable outfitter and send the deposit. Booking your hunt five or more years in advance makes it easier to save for it. They way I do it is I start a separate savings account and have a certain percentage automatically deducted from my paycheck and put into that account. You don't even notice its gone. It takes a few years but before you know it you have the money. Bowhunting in Africa is beyond your wildest dreams. Every part of it is amazing. As far as animals go, most Americans want a shot at a big kudu. I did too. I have taken two great bulls over there. But there are a number of other species that are amazing. I could go there and hunt nothing but warthogs. Bush buck and mountain reedbuck are small but challenging and beautiful. Gemsbok are extremely tough. Eland are huge and may look like cattle in pictures but are extremely warry. Zebra are simply the most cunning big game animal I have ever hunted.

• Advertisement

Return to “Big Game Hunting”