Upcoming Trends?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

muddy

Re: Upcoming Trends?

Unread postby muddy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:30 am

Tim H wrote:
muddy wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:
Ryan549 wrote:Saddles, creedmores, man buns and ranch fairy definitely stole the show this year.
2021 will be more saddles, guys shaving ounces off of their Mobil setups only to bring 12 pounds of snacks and sodas, dating the fat chick is certainly going to get old, “what do you think he scores” will never end.
This will be the year of how cool your setup looks.
Guys are more concerned with their back pack strap systems and “mods” than actually hunting.

LMAO @ 12 pounds of snacks!!!!

:lol:
I will be participating in that trend, I guess people will be laughing at me when i am walking around with my 40oz thermos of coffee that i take on every morning hunt that weighs 4 lbs :lol: :D Gotta have my coffee though

My issue is that I havent participated in the shave ounces off my stand trend... but am in the take extra snacks and thermos and 25oz Busch light trend... my pack ain't light trend all day long

Don't need to shave ounces when you're sitting in a ladder stand in Iowa. :lol:

For what it's worth I don't own a ladder stand, probably 90% of my hunts are pack and play!

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:35 am

muddy wrote:
Tim H wrote:
muddy wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:
Ryan549 wrote:Saddles, creedmores, man buns and ranch fairy definitely stole the show this year.
2021 will be more saddles, guys shaving ounces off of their Mobil setups only to bring 12 pounds of snacks and sodas, dating the fat chick is certainly going to get old, “what do you think he scores” will never end.
Guys are more concerned with their back pack strap systems and “mods” than actually hunting.

I will be participating in that trend, I guess people will be laughing at me when i am walking around with my 40oz thermos of coffee that i take on every morning hunt that weighs 4 lbs :lol: :D Gotta have my coffee though

My issue is that I havent participated in the shave ounces off my stand trend... but am in the take extra snacks and thermos and 25oz Busch light trend... my pack ain't light trend all day long

For what it's worth I don't own a ladder stand, probably 90% of my hunts are pack and play!

I know. Just gotta take my shots, to make myself feel better about not living/hunting in Iowa. :lol:
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:49 am

Tim H wrote:
muddy wrote:
Tim H wrote:
muddy wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:

I know. Just gotta take my shots, to make myself feel better about not living/hunting in Iowa. :lol:

Dude, come on down, I'll point you where to go. That can be the next trend.... babysitting Wisconsinites.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:08 am

Seems like everyone is always raising the bar these days and getting it done with fewer and fewer handicaps. I'm guessing trending towards something like high pressure low population bad genetics public places with no camo from the ground with trad gear either right by the parking spot or two plus miles in and got to pack them out.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:47 am

muddy wrote:
Tim H wrote:
muddy wrote:
Tim H wrote:
muddy wrote:
hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:

Dude, come on down, I'll point you where to go. That can be the next trend.... babysitting Wisconsinites.

I’m going to apply for a tag this year. Fingers crossed I draw.
Ranger12
500 Club

Unread postby Ranger12 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:52 am

Anything THP a does will trend. So I predict, THP a will show their new strategy of getting elephant tusks into the woods and mashing them together and plow up the land they sit on, while howling at the moon, to creat a scare tactic/ dominance attractant to only mature bucks which in result, will guarantee to have them run east and west during the sequence because of the howl and ancient connections to the tusks. And it will only be effective early season.
It will trend, and everyone will follow! Just wait and see..
ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:32 am

hunter_mike wrote:
muddy wrote:

Me on opening day of gun season - 12 pounds of snacks - and all gone by 10am
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:41 am

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
ODH
500 Club

Unread postby ODH » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:41 am

I think trendy will be less is more. People are realizing they don't need most of what they carry into the woods, and most of it is going to start getting left at home. Goes hand in hand with the ground game trend.

Another is finally hunting "over there", meaning hunting the spots we've walked past or ignored for years. People are tired of not connecting or not seeing what others are posting pictures of. People are going to change spots. We've read about it enough now it's time to do it. FWIW I killed my gun buck this year as he walked into his windward-side ridge bed.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:53 am

Guys saying f this it’s not easy.
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Have to look good to kill good. I have more time to work on mods year round than I get to hunt. So I tell everyone that making mods is my hobby not hunting.

Wait I ate tag soup this year :think:
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:33 pm

I think the trend will be e-bikes

If someone comes out with a saddle with a fall rating similar to a rock climbing harness that with trend. Best of both worlds in a tiny tree stand. Would even make the safety police happy.

Lastly hunting leases will eventually come back around. Once people realize public land is over run with people paying more than a lease price for their equipment.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:45 pm

live2hunt wrote:I think the trend will be e-bikes

Agree! I modded a 25 year old mountain bike with an electric motor kit and it was AWESOME to use this season!

Another trend might be hunting "not quite" on the ground. With the huge popularity of tree saddles, mobile hunting, THP ground hunting etc.. this is possible. What I mean is, using a tree saddle as a safety harness and setting up in a larger trunked tree, hiding behind the tree only 3--8' off the ground, and swinging into view at shot time. This can be done with a platform, a regular tree stand, or a ring of steps.

There are a couple big hitters already hunting low like this when needed. Gene Wensel talked about deer not noticing him 2' off the ground, when they did when he was on the ground. and Andy May has killed a couple bucks while sitting low in a tree (hiding behind the trunk) in a tree saddle set up. I personally, have done this and experienced confusion by the deer. On January 3rd, I had a 3 1/2 year oldish buck catch my slight movement as I sat facing a basketball sized tree in my tree saddle in my LW Assault. I was 48" off the ground. He came in from a direction I did not anticipate so basically, there was not a stick of cover between me and him. He stared for a minute, did a couple fake head bobs, and then accepted me as OK! What!? This occurred on some of the heaviest human use public that I hunt. This was a wise deer and he did not pick me off even though I as 2' off the ground. I did not kill him but that's a story for a different post.

I predict, when the youtubers get a hold of this, we will see a trend.
Quest1001

Unread postby Quest1001 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm

May not be trendy but I’ve moved away from Camo for solid colors and flannels. I also started hunting lower as well.
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:07 pm

live2hunt wrote:I think the trend will be e-bikes

I abhor this trend, hope you are wrong.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”