E-cart for hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Mike20

E-cart for hunting

Unread postby Mike20 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:38 am

E-bikes seem to be catching on, but they don't help after the deer is down. Has anyone had success using an electric cart while hunting? Something like this: https://store.graniteind.com/product/overland-electric-powered-27-chassis
The hills of west Wisconsin are not mountains but they aren't getting any smaller either. My 2019 buck darn near killed me, my ticker was thumping so hard cresting the last hill before the truck that the trees were shaking.

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: E-cart for hunting

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:19 am

I have not checked the link but have seen powered wheel barrow. That has my interest up.
Another DIY project I might run with is converting a propelled e-mower to a cart. At this time of year they are clearanced out cheap. And the blade motor can be pulled which is where the biggest power drain would be, adding run time. If you add bigger wheels it slows the overall speed and that is beneficial for rough terrain.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 am

I have been kicking around the idea of building one for a few years...

If you have a nice path, e-bike and trailer would be the way to go.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:49 am

I plan to pack them out but I was looking at the little mule cart to do a similar setup. Im guessing its similar to what justdirtyfun was talking about. Outrageous price tho!
Tribute80

Unread postby Tribute80 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:43 am

I bought a 24v motor to make one but life has gotten in the way and it never happens. I don’t think it would be hard to make one just need to figure out and affordable/reliable motor and good suspension. The one on the link does look expensive and maybe hard to use on rough terrain. Also I think weight is an issue it needs to be able to be pushed if the power source breaks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”