Live from the field 2020

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Re: Live from the field 2020

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Cool buck wet foot!

don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:07 am

Congrats Wetfoot!! Cool main beams on that buck!
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:18 am

Congrats wetfoot.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:24 am

Had a buck come in click grunting behind a doe in gray light. Coulnt make out rack. He stopped 3 yards from my tree and then I could make out frame. Definitely a shooter. He chased his doe off and I saw him again 10-15 minutes later. 140+ 10pt. 10 more minutes of light and thats a dead buck. Lol :violin:
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:27 am

Good luck seaz and everyone else out today!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:52 am

Congrats wetfoot :dance:

Beautiful morning in the marsh.

I learned some things this morning: this spot sucks to get too, my right boot leaks, and I’m not killing anything here no matter what :lol:

20201112_073018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:55 am

My back was bothering me a lot this morning, so I did some stretching.

This goes right past my window at 15 yards... :roll: :cry:

(this was taken after he left the yard)

92D634F5-8259-4B88-B72A-84F269DF100E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:08 am

Nice peaceful still morning.

Good luck everyone .
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
Zonk54

Unread postby Zonk54 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 am

Just hit one in WI hill country. Very still foggy morning.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:23 am

I really screwed up this morning....paddled into a land locked spot I hunt a couple times a year. Set up a decoy in a little pinch at a ditch crossing. Just as I settle in guy walks in on my decoy coming in off of adjacent private.

Nice convo but let it get in my head... he went the other way, I sat for an hour and just couldn’t shake that my sit was blown even though I still liked my set up.

Decided to take a walk and check for some sign along a tree line adjacent to about 20 acres of crp. As I come back up into the crp out of the wood line I paused but decided I’d take one more step to be able to glass one other corner before I pop out. Snort and a 140s 9 bounds off from 40 yards out.

Sat right for a few but he was gone. To make matters worse, walked another 50 yards down the tee line and jumped a mature 10 out of his bed at 10 yards.

Oh, that’s not all...got back to me decoy and it was knocked over...the big boy came straight from where I was, he knocked my decoy over while I was sulking and putzing because of the other guy coming through.

This one is going to sting for a looooong time.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:32 am

Kraftd wrote:I really screwed up this morning....paddled into a land locked spot I hunt a couple times a year. Set up a decoy in a little pinch at a ditch crossing. Just as I settle in guy walks in on my decoy coming in off of adjacent private.

Nice convo but let it get in my head... he went the other way, I sat for an hour and just couldn’t shake that my sit was blown even though I still liked my set up.

Decided to take a walk and check for some sign along a tree line adjacent to about 20 acres of crp. As I come back up into the crp out of the wood line I paused but decided I’d take one more step to be able to glass one other corner before I pop out. Snort and a 140s 9 bounds off from 40 yards out.

Sat right for a few but he was gone. To make matters worse, walked another 50 yards down the tee line and jumped a mature 10 out of his bed at 10 yards.

Oh, that’s not all...got back to me decoy and it was knocked over...the big boy came straight from where I was, he knocked my decoy over while I was sulking and putzing because of the other guy coming through.

:shifty: :?

Easy to kick yourself afterward. Don’t.

But the rest of us should use this as a teaching moment to stick tight this time if year if you think you’re in the right spot
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:58 am

Kraftd wrote:I really screwed up this morning....paddled into a land locked spot I hunt a couple times a year. Set up a decoy in a little pinch at a ditch crossing. Just as I settle in guy walks in on my decoy coming in off of adjacent private.

I wouldn't give up on the spot. Seems if there are that many good bucks in the area there must be hot does too. Given what the date is, hunt that hot sign. I've given last nights hunt a lot of thought. I'm convinced that buck got close enough to my entry trail that he got a whiff and was trying to circle me down wind, and continue his search for another doe. Luckily there was a window I was able to use.A hot doe could still pull one of those bucks right to you.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:09 am

Yep, back at the decoy until noon or so. I’ll be back knob here again in the next couple of days too
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:19 am

Lol. No offense but you’ll be laughing about that with the rest us us when you have a beer tonight. Great hunt!
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:23 am

Back in the saddle in a saddle. Prime cruising time and weather. Let’s go

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”