Concentrated area of rubs?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zfrantz

Concentrated area of rubs?

Unread postby Zfrantz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:08 pm

While scouting in the woods found an area at the top of a ridge that I found multiple rubs. Does this mean close to area that buck is bedding or just a travel route frequently used? Also posted are the targets? :D hopefully also these pics are 100-200 yes away from rubs? Any suggestions on what you would do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Swampzilla

Re: Concentrated area of rubs?

Unread postby Swampzilla » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:46 pm

Zfrantz wrote:While scouting in the woods found an area at the top of a ridge that I found multiple rubs. Does this mean close to area that buck is bedding or just a travel route frequently used? Also posted are the targets? :D hopefully also these pics are 100-200 yes away from rubs? Any suggestions on what you would do?

I am by no means a expert and a beginner myself in this beast journey.. but do you have day time pics ? It appears to me that you are on a travel path and you need to get closer to the bedding still.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:06 am

All rubs do is tell you a buck is in the area... You have to be able to decipher bedding vs not bedding. If clusters of rubs meant you were going to kill a big buck every clown in the country would have a wall full. My observations tell me that rubs are done to communicate with other deer or to claim an area... Bucks rub at food sources, the rub at doe trail intersections, they rub at doe bedding areas, and they mark there own beds with rubs when other bucks are around...
Zephyrus
Facebook: Jason L Anderson

Unread postby Zephyrus » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:52 am

2:30 am pics this time of year tells me you are within a 4 hour browse/walk from his bed.

Make a circle a mile in diameter and start there.

I would imagine there are trails to follow - maybe you can follow the trails?
I welcome constructive criticism to any of my comments, because Knowledge is Power!
Zfrantz

Unread postby Zfrantz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:25 am

Thanks for the input... I’m gonna try like to put a successful plan together on one of these beauts!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”