Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kraftd
500 Club

Re: Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Unread postby Kraftd » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:06 am

Here here! Similar story, had watched the original DVDs a couple of times back in the day, then found the message board in 2013, been a daily reader ever since. Dan and the moderators have achieved something pretty darn unique here.

For the folks that are newer to the site and have learned of Dane through guys like THP and some of his more recent exposure, the threads buried tens or hundreds of pages back on this site are pure gold. The best tactical threads link is a good place to start, but go back, read as many of them as you can. There is gold there. Just in my 7 years I've seen some amazing hunting minds come and go here, but some of their knowledge is still there.

The community nature of the knowledge sharing on this place is truly second to none, and Dan has always set that example, which I really think brought a lot of other great info out of other grateful hunters who were immensely skilled in their own right.

sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:16 am

Greatly appreciate Dan and the support staff and all the great hunters who contribute to the site.
Rsnyder
Facebook: na

Unread postby Rsnyder » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:56 am

Best hunting site ever. Always respect for your fellow man and mutual appreciation for the resources God has given. You guys are awesome and Dan’s the King
Moose
500 Club

Unread postby Moose » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:27 am

Ive never met Dan or anyone from this fourm. This is the only fourm that has truly helped me and its amazing how little knowledge i have of deer hunting when i thought i knew alot. Everyone on here even if we disagree seem to be great people. Im glad to have this fourm and call everyone a friend even though i dont know anyone on a personal level.
SILhunter

Unread postby SILhunter » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 am

I'm not sure if I should thank Dan or not, now at 49 years old I'm driving to WI for scouting work shops, walking around cattail marshes in hip waders about to go under, spending countless hours looking at funny lines on topo maps and no one want's to scout with me anymore. Just kidding this place rocks, I'll echo what MrT posted earlier this style hunting as brought some excitement back to hunting. Thanks Dan and staff for donating your time to keep this up it's the best.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:17 am

dan wrote:
oldrank wrote:Guys, I found Dan in about 2008. Found him again after he started The Hunting Beast and have been here for almost 7 years I think. If I'm right isn't this 10 years for the forum??

Anyhow. Since then, I have met Dan at our Michigan workshop and had a couple phone conversations among my interactions on here.

I just want to thank him for what he has taught me. There may be days I take what he has provided for granted but the reality is he has been a very influential person in my life.

So I just want to say here is to 10 years of success to the forum. Thanks Dan. I seriously think you are on a level in this sport we all love, that in the end may parallel the best.
It may not be for your videos or your tree stand and sticks but simply the willingness to interact and teach your fellow hunters. Congrats on 10 years.

I really appreciate those comments... It seems like so many people come here, enjoy, learn, and grow as hunters, and then you see them somewhere else bashing me and the site.
I think a lot of the hunters here will grow into better hunters and better people, than I was / am, simply by giving them a good start in the right direction learning from our failures and our success much faster than we learned in the woods, and taking it beyond where I have taken it. I put this site together with the best group of hunters I knew. I not only taught people, but in return, you have taught me a thing or two. We lost many of those people over the years to facebook, and as I try to reach more people I am being stretched father as well... It means a lot to me that you, and a lot of the others still on here from the beginning, have learned, grew, and taught, and never left. Its great that people like you are giving back and helping the new people coming on board. I also think if we did not have the great group of Moderators controlling mean and hateful comments and removing bullies, we would not have the level of learning we have. There are a lot of great hunters here who would never comment or give advice if every time they talked they were insulted like on a lot of other sites. Im not in this to make treestands, or to make videos, Im in this cause I believe people who hunt are better people, it teaches work ethic, it teaches you to respect life, you cant help but get good with God if you spend enough time in the amazing outdoors. And successful hunters keep hunting, and get others involved. If every person on earth got to experience the crunch of a leaves as a giant buck was walking in on a cold November morning, I have to think the world would be a better place.This site really is not about me, your all a big part or steering the beast in the right direction, helping answer questions, posting what you learned or the amazing things that happened on your hunt. I really appreciate these words right now when I watch people I once looked up to spread hate about me and try to divide us, but your a big part of the success too. I always look forward to see what "OLDRANK" has to say on a subject, as well as a lot of the other veterans. It almost seems like we are a family of brothers and sisters.

I like this. I’ve been around since the beginning . So many good hunters have come and gone and I believe they just end up going down the wrong path once they taste success and are more concerned with recognition or piggybacking of of others success. Dan you are the same as when I first met ya back in 05??. Except maybe a bit wilder and crazier back then but your core values are the same! My successes are many since meeting you Dan. Thank you!
RatMe

Unread postby RatMe » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:39 pm

I mentioned this on a recent post, but I’m constantly taken back by Dan’s willingness to give. Articles, videos, advice, and the list goes on. Sharing passion and knowledge that most would and do keep for themselves. People respect the way you go about your business and the undeniable hard work.

I literally cannot tabulate how many times I’ve watched hunting videos or listened to podcasts when people have credited the hunting beast with advancing their abilities and success. It’s incredible.

This site changed how I looked at hunting at a time when I needed it most. I continue to be thankful.
Nick grider

Unread postby Nick grider » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:45 pm

I’ve learned so much that I don’t even remember how I used to hunt anymore. Thanks so much dan.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:59 am

Same! Dan and this site and all the other contributors have given a wealth of knowledge to me and so many others for free. I believe that Dan kickstarted the whole mobile hunting industry. All the products being made by treestand companies and accessories for mobile hunters wouldn’t be so popular if Dan just kept on doing his own thing, hunting and not sharing info.

I never heard the phrase buck bedding before the Hunting Beast. Now you can’t hardly watch a YouTube deer video where the people aren’t referring to bedding areas. He doesn’t really get the credit he deserves outside of this site. So many people are making money piggybacking off of what Dan started.

Dan, thanks for all you have done and will do in the future! I hope you sell a million tree stands, retire and get to deer hunt all day the whole season!
Thanks!!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”