PredatorTC on new Wired to Hunt podcast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Mike32
500 Club

Re: PredatorTC on new Wired to Hunt podcast

Unread postby Mike32 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:26 pm

Good information on this one Joe!!! :clap:

Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
MN Slick

Unread postby MN Slick » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:48 am

Very good listen and I agree with the other guys that your points are delivered well.

You made a comment that you often get only one pic of a buck on your cell cams and then they seem to skirt them. Is this specific to cell cams or does it happen with other cameras? Have you noticed this with muliple bucks? Myself and other friends have noticed deer seem to avoid our cell cams much more than standard cams. In some cases they are hung on the exact tree where we had a standard cam in previous years. I put cell cams on scrape trees in 2 different food plots and the bucks all but quit using the scrape tree where in past years bucks would be all over them. Just wondering what yours and other folks are experiencing with cell cams. I'm to the point where I won't be using them near my stand locations.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 am

Really enjoyed this podcast!!

I can relate identically to so many of the topics you spoke about.

Liked listening to how you utilized and adjusted the BEAST tactics to work for you. You mentioned when you were getting closer and making mistakes....learning from the mistakes.

Also enjoyed you talking about hunting specific bucks. Not having many “specific target bucks”. Being patient and hunting the specific deer when the time is rite!

I guess what I am saying is, when us listeners, get to hear someone we like and respect talk about their hunting and we can relate on so many terms.....makes the podcast that much more fun!

Has been one of my favorite listens.
Thanks Mark and Joe, you guys both done a great job on this one :clap:
Scott S

Unread postby Scott S » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Just got to listen to this today. Twice in a row, actually.

I love any video or podcast with Joe in it.

Not trying to be weird or anything, but I'm bordering on being a Rentmeester fanboi.
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:25 am

Great podcast. Lots of good info. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:12 am

Well done Joe! You're getting better at these ;)

The content was very relatable for me!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
swwave24

Unread postby swwave24 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:52 pm

Nice job on the podcast Joe! :clap:

A couple topics that stood out to me was the python look and a matures buck reaction to the smell of it was interesting, never thought of that before. Another interesting topic was the buck hitting there antlers on the dogwood or brush, where little nicks are in the brush or dogwoods. Going to start paying attention to those nicks!
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:14 am

MN Slick wrote:Very good listen and I agree with the other guys that your points are delivered well.

You made a comment that you often get only one pic of a buck on your cell cams and then they seem to skirt them. Is this specific to cell cams or does it happen with other cameras? Have you noticed this with muliple bucks? Myself and other friends have noticed deer seem to avoid our cell cams much more than standard cams. In some cases they are hung on the exact tree where we had a standard cam in previous years. I put cell cams on scrape trees in 2 different food plots and the bucks all but quit using the scrape tree where in past years bucks would be all over them. Just wondering what yours and other folks are experiencing with cell cams. I'm to the point where I won't be using them near my stand locations.

That's exactly what I've have noticed. It's so weird. Some bucks as you mentioned don't care.... there are very few that don't care though. I wonder if it makes a high frequency sound or something that we don't hear kind of like a dog whistle. No idea though. :think:
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:42 am

8-)

Well done Joe.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:55 am

PredatorTC wrote:
MN Slick wrote:Very good listen and I agree with the other guys that your points are delivered well.

That's exactly what I've have noticed. It's so weird. Some bucks as you mentioned don't care.... there are very few that don't care though. I wonder if it makes a high frequency sound or something that we don't hear kind of like a dog whistle. No idea though. :think:

Interesting. I have two cell cams out now in hill country and will have to watch for that. I started out right away getting a number of bucks with early antler growth but has slowed way down with only a few pics now but still plenty of antlerless deer daily which seem totally unaffected by it. Haven’t seen any real mature bucks on cam yet but these spots haven’t shown too many in the past till later in the heat of the summer due to proximity with water so time will tell.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:07 am

Dewey wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

Interesting. I have two cell cams out now in hill country and will have to watch for that. I started out right away getting a number of bucks with early antler growth but has slowed way down with only a few pics now but still plenty of antlerless deer daily which seem totally unaffected by it. Haven’t seen any real mature bucks on cam yet but these spots haven’t shown too many in the past till later in the heat of the summer due to proximity with water so time will tell.

We had one on an island by Dan and it didn't seem to affect them terrible. We didn't have past years to compare it to though.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:18 am

PredatorTC wrote:
Dewey wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:

We had one on an island by Dan and it didn't seem to affect them terrible. We didn't have past years to compare it to though.

I have standard cams out too in the same general areas so will be interesting to see the difference.
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:21 pm

Joe is a great hunter and full of knowledge at a young age. Can only imagine what the future holds for this guy. To boot, he is a great guy and one I have a lot of respect for. Great podcast, well done buddy.
MN Slick

Unread postby MN Slick » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:06 am

PredatorTC wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. At first I thougth that the black flash was visible but I'm starting to think it has something to do with the cell signal. Funny thing is that I have one on another place that doesn't seem to affect them at all. Signal is weak there so maybe that helps.
bones09

Unread postby bones09 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 am

This was a good listen!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”