How do you tell rut sign from any other sign

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Seeker529
Facebook: N/A

How do you tell rut sign from any other sign

Unread postby Seeker529 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:20 am

I’m sure it’s been covered but how do you tell rut sign from any other sign?? I understand field edges are not a good example.. but what about sign in the middle of woods always from food? I find a ton of rubs but have no clue why or when they are made

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: How do you tell rut sign from any other sign

Unread postby dan » Fri May 29, 2020 10:34 am

Seeker529 wrote:I’m sure it’s been covered but how do you tell rut sign from any other sign?? I understand field edges are not a good example.. but what about sign in the middle of woods always from food? I find a ton of rubs but have no clue why or when they are made

Location... Are they on trails coming out of bedding? or are they on trails paralleling bedding? Rubs in the middle of the woods away from bedding or at food sources are most likely made at night. Location in proximity to buck bedding is what matters most for daylight movement.
Edcyclopedia

Re: How do you tell rut sign from any other sign

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Fri May 29, 2020 10:38 am

Middle of the woods are mostly random - or bouncing between hubs. Look @ the terrain on a map after marking, it will sometimes be between hubs.
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”