What if......

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

Re: What if......

Unread postby Wlog » Sat May 09, 2020 11:12 am

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Orders from headquarters.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:26 am

Not nearly as religious as I should be. But isn’t there also a verse that says an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?

Not trying to persuade anyone to do anything. Just got that ole village idiot feeling cause I handle things much diff than the general population. Every time I’ve head advice and basically did nothing I got exactly what I put into it. Nothing......
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat May 09, 2020 11:38 am

Interesting thread for sure. Boogie, you are definitely old school and I respect that. The old days were good. Me personally, I weigh the situation. If I don't want to engage I would figure what I have to lose and what I have to gain. Generally I would walk on minor things. But I never want someone to take advantage of me, like most don't.

Every situation is different.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:49 am

I guess my point is this. Any of u watch Major League Baseball? Let a batter get a lil chin music and watch what happens. When he storms the mound to say u ain’t doing that to me. Where are the cops arresting folks for throwing a right hook? I’ve googled a few of the better brawls I remember and I’m not seeing any criminal charges filed.
-John Wayne-
tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:44 pm

I have had some issues,,,,, I have been so lucky in my life, I simply say,,, if you want to hunt,,,, just ask... those of us, who have seen death, have been close to death, etc, have a different point of view
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:07 pm

I apologize if this thread came across as stirring the pot or just wanting to argue. Certain things trip peoples trigger. For some it’s religion, some politics, and for me it’s what I determine is right and wrong.

Can’t wrap my head around how someone sneaking on your property or stealing your stuff and getting hurt is somehow your fault. If I wanted to cover my yard in bouncing betties and mines I feel it’s my right. If I catch someone stealing my truck and I club em with a ball bat just don’t see myself as the criminal in the situation.
-John Wayne-
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Here in WI, we have to put our personal DNR hunting number on the trail cams we put out on public. Most people use a permanent marker. I used a wood engraver to melt mine into the plastic and then used the marker to highlight it. I think that would deter most folks. But unfortunately not all. I can't fight my way out of a wet paper bag at this point of my life. So if I caught someone I'd do my best to get a picture. And holler every foul cussing narrative I could think of. Wouldn't stop any thief but it would sure help relieve some of my initial stress!!! If I was carrying a gun. I wouldn't shoot at the thief. But I'd fire a bunch of rounds in hopes they'd at least soil their drawers!!!! I do agree, the law isn't gonna spend alot of time investigating a trail cam theft!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sat May 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Not nearly as religious as I should be. But isn’t there also a verse that says an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?

Not trying to persuade anyone to do anything. Just got that ole village idiot feeling cause I handle things much diff than the general population. Every time I’ve head advice and basically did nothing I got exactly what I put into it. Nothing......

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you” (Matthew 5:38-42).

Verse is taken out of context all the time. I understand your anger in a situation like this, I think your reaction is only natural. I think the world would be a better place of a lot of justice could be handed out the old fashioned way. Don’t know about Texas but in most state you would probably go to jail for assault. Also you don’t know if that guy has a knife, gun, or is a master in martial arts, while I would def confront the guys, I would not just cold cock him.

I know a lot of guys don’t trust the DNR. But my brother was a DNR officer for a few years back and if someone called him on something like this he would be rushing over in a heart beat to catch the guy and throw the book at him. His biggest frustration while in the DNR was the district attorney did not take any poaching or game law violations seriously, he was constantly lobbying to have them prosecute people to the full extent.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Sat May 09, 2020 10:41 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:Not nearly as religious as I should be. But isn’t there also a verse that says an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?

I get what your saying believe me. Nobody wants to be cheated or taken advantage of. Just don’t want to see you get into any trouble over a camera or a trespasser. My post wasn’t meant to be judge mental or anything, I don’t want to come off that way because I’d be mad as a hornet if I were in that situation. Of course if a guy steals he deserves to be the one in trouble.

What I’ve learned as a Christian is going my own way can get me in trouble if I have the wrong motivation. Gods ways are better than my ways. There was a story I heard Phil Robertson, the Duck Commander tell that comes to mind. He said when he was commercial fishing for a living people would pull his nets and steal his fish all the time and he would jump in the boat and go looking for them but he couldn’t catch them. One day he finally catches some guys red handed. He said he pulled up his net and gave them all the fish they wanted and told them they didn’t have to steal them, to just come to the house and ask and he would give them fish if they were hungry. The guys left and his nets never got robbed again.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sun May 10, 2020 7:19 am

Well, I can tell you never followed through with that deal we made! :lol:

The eye for eye thing comes from Exodus 21:22 , part of the Law to settle personal injury disputes between parties.
" If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman's husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury (to the baby), you are to take Life For Life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."
You might find some of the other verses with in Exodus 20 through 24 interesting, as they deal with things such as if somebody breaks into your house, if you can kill them or not...and other things.

Not real sure what I would do in this situation, to me, a physical altercation should only take place if my safety is at risk. And a camera, a laptop, a car... They're not worth my life, or somebody else's, that's for sure.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:35 pm

wolverinebuckman wrote:

The eye for eye thing comes from Exodus 21:22 , part of the Law to settle personal injury disputes between parties.
" If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined whatever the woman's husband demands and the court allows. But if there is serious injury (to the baby), you are to take Life For Life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."
You might find some of the other verses with in Exodus 20 through 24 interesting, as they deal with things such as if somebody breaks into your house, if you can kill them or not...and other things.

Not real sure what I would do in this situation, to me, a physical altercation should only take place if my safety is at risk. And a camera, a laptop, a car... They're not worth my life, or somebody else's, that's for sure.

That was a confession! I told you that in confidence :lol: Hope all is well amigo and your settling in with the move.
-John Wayne-
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Wlog wrote:

I get what your saying believe me. Nobody wants to be cheated or taken advantage of. Just don’t want to see you get into any trouble over a camera or a trespasser. My post wasn’t meant to be judge mental or anything, I don’t want to come off that way because I’d be mad as a hornet if I were in that situation. Of course if a guy steals he deserves to be the one in trouble.

What I’ve learned as a Christian is going my own way can get me in trouble if I have the wrong motivation. Gods ways are better than my ways. There was a story I heard Phil Robertson, the Duck Commander tell that comes to mind. He said when he was commercial fishing for a living people would pull his nets and steal his fish all the time and he would jump in the boat and go looking for them but he couldn’t catch them. One day he finally catches some guys red handed. He said he pulled up his net and gave them all the fish they wanted and told them they didn’t have to steal them, to just come to the house and ask and he would give them fish if they were hungry. The guys left and his nets never got robbed again.

Oh I didn’t take your post as judge mental at all. I rather enjoyed it. I’ve read a lot of Phil Robertson’s stuff and thoroughly enjoy it. When he handed over the LSU quarterback position over to Terry Bradshaw cause he didn’t have enough time to hunt ducks I laughed.

In all honesty I’m kinda torn between what biblically right and what’s effective. I mean a loose cannon keeps the majority of crooks away.
-John Wayne-
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon May 11, 2020 12:12 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
wolverinebuckman wrote:

That was a confession! I told you that in confidence :lol: Hope all is well amigo and your settling in with the move.

Couldn't be better, my friend!
Just bustin your chops a bit ;) Nobody knows the truth but me... :shock:
:lol:
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
G-Patt
500 Club

Unread postby G-Patt » Tue May 12, 2020 4:46 am

Boogieman1 wrote:A recent thread on trespassing got me thinking of how others would react in other situations. So what if while you were gonna go pull a SIM card u catch someone stealing your camera. What would u do? Would u sweet talk them and say pretty please don’t take my camera? Give him a year warning, put up some signs, Would u ignore it and go buy a new camera? Beat the brakes off the individual? Etc....

Personally for me it depends on the person. If it’s a giant of a man I would prob realize I didn’t like that camera anyways lol. Anyone else I would walk up and politely introduce myself, ask how there day is going. Then bam! when there least expecting it release the fists of fury and beat em to a bloody pulp.

Back in my youth the way guys handled trespassing and thieves were 12 gauge shotguns loaded with rock salt. There was no concern over dear god someone might get injured. More of a I hope the buzzard does.

I like the way you think. I also like sweet revenge. But the best revenge is setting another trap for a fool like this. You can set up decoys (fake cameras), other hidden cameras, social media postings, YouTube videos, sending pics and videos to your local news channels, DNR, police and putting up signs like "Have you seen this joker?" Let your imagination run wild on this. I would not recommend any physical harm-type traps. Thinking more along the lines of "shaming" traps. You probably won't get your camera back, but the activity of getting back at him releases that pent-up energy and it may stop him from stealing your stuff in the future.
On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”