The Plan for 4/18

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: The Plan for 4/18

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:53 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
mihunter101 wrote:Guess I'll be spending my stimulus check paying my fines if caught. I'm definitely traveling more than 50 miles.

Is everyone getting a stimulant check? I might not qualify

I wasn't sure so I looked it up. Looks like direct deposit checks go out first. Then for mailed checks they are going to go lower income first all the way into September. They will mail 1200 per single filer, 2400 married joint filer, and I think 500 per eligible child.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedm ... cd3fc8588c

See this for the who, how much, and when.
Here is a snap shot of who will receive
Single Filer: $75,000
Head of Household: $112,500
Married/Joint Filer: $150,000
At what income level will I not qualify for a stimulus check?

Single Filer: > $99,000
Joint Filer (no children): > $198,000

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:Good luck to your crew Lou 8-)

Thanks Neil. I'm already getting nervous about the cameras showing my da stumbling around the woods spooking turkeys. I don't think they will want to keep up with me to video, so unless I self incriminate and carry a camera, I should be able to tell any lies I want.
tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:36 am

Come on Hawthorne, my friend who is going to enforce, that................... I am all over the UP this spring, now that the snow is going, setting up mineral sites, scouting etc,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:02 am

tundra@1 wrote:Come on Hawthorne, my friend who is going to enforce, that................... I am all over the UP this spring, now that the snow is going, setting up mineral sites, scouting etc,,,,,,,,,,,,

The state police. They were out in full force today along a major highway
mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:30 am

Yeah, I saw at least a dozen. Of course, I put almost 300 miles on the truck today. :shhh:
Let's go Brandon!
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:31 am

Hawthorne wrote:
tundra@1 wrote:Come on Hawthorne, my friend who is going to enforce, that................... I am all over the UP this spring, now that the snow is going, setting up mineral sites, scouting etc,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey Hawthorne 2 questions.
1. Where did you find that info? I believe you just want to read the order.
2. What is your opinion of pressure on public for opening day of turkey? I am hunting ZF but this is the first year I am hunting public, and have no idea what to expect for pressure.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:05 pm

mipubbucks24 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:

2. What is your opinion of pressure on public for opening day of turkey? I am hunting ZF but this is the first year I am hunting public, and have no idea what to expect for pressure.

Someone on another forum emailed the DNR. They said an hour drive from your home or 50 miles. These rules make no sense. If your property has a home and it’s your second residence your not allowed go there and hunt it. But if you don’t own it and just going there to hunt your ok

Last year was my first year turkey hunting public. I shot my bird opening day but that was a Monday. I didn’t see any other hunters. This year it’s a Saturday opener for the first time not sure how that will change the pressure
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:23 pm

Hawthorne wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:

Someone on another forum emailed the DNR. They said an hour drive from your home or 50 miles. These rules make no sense. If your property has a home and it’s your second residence your not allowed go there and hunt it. But if you don’t own it and just going there to hunt your ok

Last year was my first year turkey hunting public. I shot my bird opening day but that was a Monday. I didn’t see any other hunters. This year it’s a Saturday opener for the first time not sure how that will change the pressure

The guidance on the dnr site says "Yes, licensed individuals may still hunt while following social distancing guidelines. The executive order states that individuals may leave their home or place of residence, and travel as necessary, to engage in outdoor activity, including walking, hiking, running, cycling, or any other recreational activity consistent with remaining at least 6 feet from people outside an individual’s household". That was updated april 1. There were a lot of other questions under the hunting, fishing, camping ect areas that had changes specific to the new order and were updated april 11. Theres no mileage or time constraints that are posted on the dnr site
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Uncle Lou: Good luck man! Hope you and the crew have a great time. You made me laugh out loud at the camera following you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always thought if a camera followed me, it would have to be a bloopers episode or a comedy flick
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:41 pm

jmaas07 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:

The guidance on the dnr site says "Yes, licensed individuals may still hunt while following social distancing guidelines. The executive order states that individuals may leave their home or place of residence, and travel as necessary, to engage in outdoor activity, including walking, hiking, running, cycling, or any other recreational activity consistent with remaining at least 6 feet from people outside an individual’s household". That was updated april 1. There were a lot of other questions under the hunting, fishing, camping ect areas that had changes specific to the new order and were updated april 11. Theres no mileage or time constraints that are posted on the dnr site

Thanks for the info guys, I could not find anything on the DNR site either. It’s honestly hard to keep up with this stuff. All my spots are less then 50 so I have nothing to worry about.
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 am

jmaas07 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:

Dnr site changed today, now it says "We are asking all park and trail users to stay local and not travel far distances for any activity, including ORV riding, fishing, boating, hiking or other outdoor recreation activities." They havnt defined what local or what a far distance is, I bet that's coming before Saturday tho
mipubbucks24
500 Club

Unread postby mipubbucks24 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:01 am

jmaas07 wrote:
jmaas07 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:
mipubbucks24 wrote:
Hawthorne wrote:

Dnr site changed today, now it says "We are asking all park and trail users to stay local and not travel far distances for any activity, including ORV riding, fishing, boating, hiking or other outdoor recreation activities." They havnt defined what local or what a far distance is, I bet that's coming before Saturday tho

Thanks for the update! Like I said earlier, getting hard to keep up with everything.
mihunter101

Unread postby mihunter101 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:14 am

I see they've revised the dispersed camping statement to public lands instead of state owned lands, so I assume they intend to try and enforce it on national forest lands as well.
Let's go Brandon!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:09 am

So when I started this thread I actually thought, Tony, Michael Shane, and I would find a bunch of turkeys and put together some brilliant plan, kinda like the one netguy wrote about on his 2018 three man rifle hunt (I hope I got that right, that was a good read).

Anyway, I think the plan is try to find some toms and try to shoot them in the face. Not having such good luck making this plan. It has been cold, and maybe they will heat up, but right now I am not feeling very brilliant. Oh, bumped a tom this morning, had no idea he was that close. Then bumped two more stumbling around. I should have filmed my scouting and have my opener filmed - the title could be how not to scout and hunt turkeys, by da
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:19 am

I feel it’s going to take a good week or so for the birds to start splitting up, which should in turn make them more visible. I am currently seeing groups of 3-5 strutters with hens, with a lone dominant bird off to the side with his own hens. Once guys hammer on them this weekend they will scatter a bit. Warmer temps should help too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”