Turkey - NW Mississippi

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dpierce72
500 Club

Turkey - NW Mississippi

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:40 am

First off, I'm not looking for someone to hold my hand and put me under a roosted bird, lol. Get that out of the way before I'm dodging arrows.

I'm planning to hit N MS next week with my son for an out-of-state turkey hunt. We had Sardis or Holly Springs on our radar. It appears Sardis is state land and Holly Springs is Federal.

While I've found information on

- Non resident license
- Non resident turkey permits
- WMA usage fee

I can't find info on camping locations or regulations specific to either of those areas.

Any guidance on the appropriate sources for research is appreciated. And before everyone verifies there are no living turkeys left in MS, we're planning to come anyway.

Thanks ...who knows, I might be willing to trade out some NEA green timber duck hunting next fall. Feel free to direct message me if you are willing to help and don't want to put info here.

"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Dpierce72
500 Club

Turkey - North Mississippi

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:50 am

Settled in - leaning N&S of I 22 close to the town of Hickory Flat, which would be E by NE of Sardis lake.

Any MS folks in the area want to share a campfire or link up, holler 770-778-5665.

Will likely leave Monday after a bit of work and hunt as many days of a non-resident (7) as I can.
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
KRoss480

Re: Turkey - NW Mississippi

Unread postby KRoss480 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:25 am

Best of luck to you and your boy! I’ve never hunted that area of the state so I’m not sure about number of birds and pressure. Y’all stay safe and enjoy your time down here.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:58 am

KRoss480 wrote:Best of luck to you and your boy! I’ve never hunted that area of the state so I’m not sure about number of birds and pressure. Y’all stay safe and enjoy your time down here.

Thanks!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Good luck. Always wanted to travel in the spring for Turkeys, going south sounds fun.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Good luck. Always wanted to travel in the spring for Turkeys, going south sounds fun.

Thanks a lot Uncle Lou - I've got a 'roll of strips' on my buy list ...so look for an order before long.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”