Bummed - Double tear in rotator cuff

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

headgear
500 Club

Re: Bummed - Double tear in rotator cuff

Unread postby headgear » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:34 am

Good luck man, remember to eat well and heal up the best you can. Look into yoga to help strengthen the area once you get back on your feet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR6i-fm486Y

dannyboy

Unread postby dannyboy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:06 am

Dewey wrote:Not much you can do but get it fixed if it’s that bad. Sounds like your at the point where there is no other option.

I should take my own advice. My drawing shoulder has been messed up for years and giving me issues. I actually had my shoulder reset a few times with last Monday being the most recent. It partially pops out from time to time and I lose a lot of flexibility with a lot of pain. So far I have been able to manage with it but eventually it will need surgery. I could be one shot away from total shoulder failure while drawing on a real cold day for all I know. Guess I’ll cross that bridge when it happens.

me too hoss
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:29 am

Hope you have a quick recovery. I feel your pain. Had a couple off season surgeries the last few years. I'll probably need a few more soon !!! Haha
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:33 pm

Right there with you Lance... full length Labral tear and half length Rotator tear.
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:13 pm

I pray to God for a quick recovery and that you would come back even stronger than before! Amen!
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:52 pm

Another option might be a mouth tab, John Dudley and a few other guys have shot them during recovery from surgery and killed with them, lighter poundage bow and opposite hand obviously...

Hope for speedy recovery!
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm

bigredneck61088 wrote:Another option might be a mouth tab, John Dudley and a few other guys have shot them during recovery from surgery and killed with them, lighter poundage bow and opposite hand obviously...

Forgot about those. Thanks for the tip.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
cjw5136

Unread postby cjw5136 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:11 pm

I bought a Diamond edge SB-1 after my shoulder surgery because it adjusted 5-70 pounds. Worked my way back up a little bit at a time as I got stronger. Worked out pretty good for me.
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:12 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
bigredneck61088 wrote:Another option might be a mouth tab, John Dudley and a few other guys have shot them during recovery from surgery and killed with them, lighter poundage bow and opposite hand obviously...

Forgot about those. Thanks for the tip.

No problem! I remember seeing nock on/Dudley and “the bugler”dirk Durham have videos on their YouTube about them and shooting with them, may be able to find more info there
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:19 pm

Wow Lance. Sorry to hear, try to stay positive and don't be afraid to get a second opinion. But take that with a grain of salt coming from a guy who rarely gets a first opinion.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:35 am

Uncle Lou wrote:Wow Lance. Sorry to hear, try to stay positive and don't be afraid to get a second opinion. But take that with a grain of salt coming from a guy who rarely gets a first opinion.

lol

I'm not worried about getting a second opinion on this one (doesn't mean I won't though). I have only had about 30% use of my arm for months now. I imagine the MRI is pretty clear about what's wrong & I'm sure they will show me the MRI when I meet with the surgeon so I can see for myself. This surgeon is probably the top surgeon for this around here. At least that has been the consensus in the past by some PT's. He has done a couple surgeries for my mom that went well. Hopefully it goes well for me as well. Right now I'm just antsy to meet with the surgeon to find out what's going to happen & frustrated that the timing is exceptionally bad.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Hornstar

Unread postby Hornstar » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:32 am

All RC surgeries are not the same. Partial thickness vs full thickness, debridements vs anchors, location, all have effects on recovery time. Its not unreasonable to think you could be ready for November, assuming the surgery and pt are successful. 8 months is a good time frame to have it ready to go.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:17 am

Hornstar wrote:All RC surgeries are not the same. Partial thickness vs full thickness, debridements vs anchors, location, all have effects on recovery time. Its not unreasonable to think you could be ready for November, assuming the surgery and pt are successful. 8 months is a good time frame to have it ready to go.

Interesting. I'm looking forward to meeting with the surgeon a week from tomorrow so I can find out the details like that & see when I can the surgery done. I'm guessing it won't be until late March at the earliest.
Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:47 am

I feel your pain deerslayer. Hopefully they get ya patched up for next year.
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:11 pm

Been meaning to update this. I seen the surgeon. Turns out I have a torn Rotator Cuff & a torn Labrum & a torn upper Bicep tendon. He also said there was quite a bit of arthritis he was going to clean up while he was in there otherwise I would just be back to see him in 5 years.

Not quite the news I was expecting or wanted, but it is what it is.

On top of this I'm having a fair amount of pain in my left shoulder. It feels worse (but different) than my right shoulder & it feels like I tore that up as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”