Is "rut functional hunting" just another scam?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Is "rut functional hunting" just another scam?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:39 am

Racks&Beards wrote:I would like to know how he knows the specific dates for my area :think: :lol:

Would bet my bottom dollar he’s going off the moon for the dates. Doesn’t really matter anyway, for the sake of productive discussion. Does the man gaze into the crystal ball and tell u what tree to put your stand in? Buck movement spurts Isn’t no big secret that anyone with any amount of cameras wouldn’t know that used em wisely. The challenge isn’t when deer are gonna move, but can u put the sucker in your strike zone and get in there without screwing the pooch. Anyone who agrees this guy is the next Nostradamus would u be willing to only hunt the few days he empowered u with and bet your season on it? Personally I would place my money on a guy who does his own homework and hunts 30+ days a season.

Without making the guy sound like a moron, I hunt very similar. Then again I’ve been called a moron to :lol: But there’s to many factors at play. I will agree that a spot is prime for a short window and the bucks in my area both public and private make there move like clock work. The devil lies in getting the right conditions at the right time. Don’t care if u have a firecracker spot for say nov 13-17. But u gotta have a north wind to have a chance, if it’s out of the South during that time you are flat wasting your time. Same if they only come through on wet conditions or high pressure. If u don’t get that during that small window it’s a waste. JMO of course and to each there own. But everything one needs to honestly up there odds is right here for the grand total of 3 easy payments of free!

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:05 am

I like Dan's approach to functional rut hunting, hit the bedding areas in the morning and evening and then hit those funnels, downwind of bedding areas and/or other cruising areas mid day. It has really improved my rut game the past half dozen years. The other stuff this guys is trying to sell might work once in a blue moon but if you want consistent results you need to figure out how those bucks are using the land you hunt during the rut.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:32 am

Jonny wrote:I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell real cheap to whoever buys this

From your front porch can you see the sea?
-John Wayne-
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:57 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Jonny wrote:I’ve got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell real cheap to whoever buys this

From your front porch can you see the sea?

Yep. If you buy that I’ll throw in the golden gate for free
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:10 pm

:lol:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Sweet! I know a deal when I see it Long John. Sold.... Making that check out to straight cash homie!
-John Wayne-
tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:38 am

What so many hunters forget. Deer property is so diverse, not all created equal, not the same. The UP is not Vernon County, which is not South Dakota etc. Many techniques described may work on the guy who hunts and controls large private holdings.o
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:36 pm

I sell blinker fluid that never runs out
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg
Bman409
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bman409

Unread postby Bman409 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:11 pm

jjc1974us wrote:I can say that I have been a listener of that podcast for about 5 years now and I employed their rut functional hunting tactics for about 3 of those 5 years. I can tell you that if you follow their program you will see an increase in buck activity at your stand locations 2-3 times what you would see otherwise. I did my own experiments to prove this to be true on my properties that I hunt. As far as their scent goes, they do not push it, and say that you do not need to use their scent, but that it works for them and have made it available.

In my experience their prediction of the days is very accurate in predicting the 3-4 days of the most daylight activity for seeking bucks before the does become receptive. I could not tell you how they calculate it other than it is based on the rate of change in daylight for your location. The other thing that I should mention is that in my case the increased buck activity was mostly in 1-3 year old bucks. I have yet to successfully take a 4+ year old buck using these tactics. Not saying that you can or can't just giving my experience.

Their tactics have been able to bring a predictable pattern to a time of the season that for me was previously just chaos. Just take it for what it's worth, only my own experience.

'
Thanks for your input.. I was wondering if anyone had tried it and if it had worked for them. I appreciate it!
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:15 am

I bet if youre told the wrong day you get your money back...
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:41 am

A 50$ bottle of liquid pixie dust. . . . I mean you cant blame the guy for making a living, I suppose. Honestly though, the market is huge for showing someone the "easy way". Knowledge and experience will take you a lot farther..... there's a good life lesson there somewhere. :lol: :clap:
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”